cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FYI....screamin deal on set of 19.5s in Seattle

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
I'm not selling them, seen on ,CL. In maple valley. Brand new Visions 8x6.5 with 225 Michelins for $1500!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold
12 REPLIES 12

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
S Davis wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Same as 1jeep, what's the advantage? I'm running BFG KO2 and can get the same tire load rating for almost 1/2 the cost. Guessing the Michelins will wear longer but they'd sure suck during Oregon winters. My 2500 rides rough enough I can't imagine how rough those would ride. Heckuva deal though if you want them.

Not much but if you went to a 245/70/19.5 then you get about 5000lb per tire load rating.

X2

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Same as 1jeep, what's the advantage? I'm running BFG KO2 and can get the same tire load rating for almost 1/2 the cost. Guessing the Michelins will wear longer but they'd sure suck during Oregon winters. My 2500 rides rough enough I can't imagine how rough those would ride. Heckuva deal though if you want them.

Not much but if you went to a 245/70/19.5 then you get about 5000lb per tire load rating.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
goducks10 wrote:

Rest assured the 4klb rating on those G load Michelins is a better handling load rating than your bfgs. Plus that's about the smallest section width truck tire you can buy. Your LT tires need to be close to 300mm wide to get near that load rating with much softer sidewalls.
Yes they would suck in the winter with the hiway tread.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
1jeep wrote:
without starting trouble can I ask a serious question.

What real advantage would I gain putting something like that on my 2016 f350 dually? it has same GVWR as the f450 so I assume the puny 17" wheels are capable enough for my useage. But aside from the look and if I was carrying a serious load is there any advantage such as do they last much longer?

None because you have a dually and those are srw wheels......
Yes the tires last longer than LT -E tires and the rims are rated much higher than OE 16-20" light truck wheels, and aftermarket LT wheels for that fact.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
1jeep wrote:
not worth it for me then, im averaging about 20k miles a year now, 7 months of the year I ride a motorcycle to work.

Well good because you live in MA and these are for sale in WA.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
not worth it for me then, im averaging about 20k miles a year now, 7 months of the year I ride a motorcycle to work.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from someone who has zero experience with them - Mainly mileage - they should last a lot of miles. The problem is that most people probably don't put enough miles on their tow vehicles and the tires would likely rot before you got full use of the tread. If you tow a LOT on the highways, you would likely see the advantage. But they sure look cool on the right truck!
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes, that would be my other concern, those look like racing slicks that wouldn't fair well in the winter snow.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
without starting trouble can I ask a serious question.

What real advantage would I gain putting something like that on my 2016 f350 dually? it has same GVWR as the f450 so I assume the puny 17" wheels are capable enough for my useage. But aside from the look and if I was carrying a serious load is there any advantage such as do they last much longer?

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Dang wish they were the right bolt pattern.

Greentreena
Explorer
Explorer
clicky
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids (Murphy the dog - RIP friend)