cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gacoflex roof

mds47588
Explorer
Explorer
A neighbor in the RV park where I am staying at had some leftovers and a deal was struck.

I didn't take any before pictures but even with the primer coating only it's a 100% improvement. Tomorrow or shortly thereafter (owing to my work schedule) I will put the top coat on.

-2019 Forest River Wildcat 312RLI
-- Pulled by a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
-- 4WD/Dbl Cab/Reg Bed/3.42rr

...Full timing for work, currently in Nashville...
8 REPLIES 8

mds47588
Explorer
Explorer
Round II

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some good information about their product.

Gaco Instruction Links
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
not seeing the pics either.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
The brushing and rolling is the installation. Special care needs to be taken around penetrations and the edges probably due to thermal expansion and contraction of Gacoflex which may be different than your roof structure. It was originally used on the Kingdome in Seattle, and it failed. It is a Seattle company, and I had many interactions with their technical guys.

There is probably an installation manual available on line?
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

mds47588
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
I would look at it as a temporary fix. It might very well resolve your issues, but. . .

I have specified that product as a design professional, and have ultimately been disappointed in the results. It's all about how the penetrations and edges are prepared and installed.

No issues on my trailer. I was due for a roof treatment and this seemed to fit the bill.

What are you referring to when you mean how the penetrations and edges are prepared and installed? This is a brush/roll on product with nothing to be "installed"...???

mds47588
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else not seeing the pictures?

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I would look at it as a temporary fix. It might very well resolve your issues, but. . .

I have specified that product as a design professional, and have ultimately been disappointed in the results. It's all about how the penetrations and edges are prepared and installed.
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Cant see any pics., just a block that says "Photo not found. Click for pictures" but there's nothing to click.