cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get these teenagers outta here!!! Plus magical buff/wax ;)

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
It’s not my teenagers it’s their friends!! And boy they can thrash some stuff, One downside to a TC that I didn’t think about. Well, decided to buy a 2500 lb single axle Dutchman travel trailer to pull with us mainly when we beach camp this summer, and possibly to anza borrego in the winter. Anyone else do this? Figure I can sell the trailer anytime and put them all back in a tent if they don’t take care of it. On another note I found some a buff/wax process that turned this thing look brand new 😉

Front cap done side still chalky

Also restored this apex 9.5 and brought it back to life 😉 (sold it already)
Before

After

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
24 REPLIES 24

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Growing up, friends parents did this (much smaller homemade truck camper).

We joked that it was because they wanted to "get busy" but not in front of the kids.

Of course, it made it easy to slip out at night if you wanted to get into some mischief.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
mellow wrote:
Do you lose the decals with that kind of wax regimen?

you just have to be careful around them. It depends on the quality of the decals. The outfitter logo's where pretty faded to begin with but it took them down pretty good. Luckily Outfitter still has some of the old style logos and at $28 you can't beat it! The Eco trailer decals held up great with the exception of the ECO name faded a bit but not that noticeable. This is a process you are not going to want to do often 😉
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Do you lose the decals with that kind of wax regimen?
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
soon2bexpat wrote:
So what's the buff/wax process you used?

It’s labor intensive but well worth it

#1 Wet sand @ 1000 grit
#2 Ardex 600 marine compound (this is the magic stuff!!! Simply amazing)
#3 menzurna 400
#4 meguires marine wax
#5 800 MG of ibuprofen and a few beers 😉

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
No weight issues?

Or do you limit use to short trip?

Can barely feel it back there, plus had all the water full, but it’s only 1hr to the beach so not that far. I don’t really plan on pulling it long distance.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Like button for anutami! Nice setup and nice work! Your attention to detail shows!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
So what's the buff/wax process you used?
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
No weight issues?

Or do you limit use to short trip?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The key is teaching teens to care for the TT and enforcing the rules.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’ve thought about it, but to have more room for dogs and grandkids on the same trip.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member