cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting ready to Hit the Road----finally retired

Davidechinn
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings ! This is my first post... The wife and I are FINALLY finished with the Corporate world and are now looking forward to seeing the country.
I know this is a simple question but I'm trying to find out the best bets for us enjoying our retirement on the road. I'm trying to find out what the best types of placing to camp are for a retired couple. Are State campgrounds what we are looking for?
I've seen some very sketchy RV Parks and I'd hate to pull into an RV Park where most of the spots are filled with permanent campers. Maybe there are no safe bets, but I thought I'd ask.
I don't want to relive my college days of camping either.. ha ha
15 REPLIES 15

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
The internet can help
https://www.campgroundreviews.com/
www.rvparky.com
and some others will give some reviews for different parks, but these reviews can also be like the reviews for anything from movies to restaurants, namely angry or disappointed folks are more often motivated to leave a review than satisfied people, and some reviews are possibly from the owners. You can also use Google earth to look at a sat view of a park and get an idea of how stacked on each other some parks are.
Also a lot of material is now on you tube. Find a park in a given location and check, someone may have done a video on it, and the same can be said for destinations, if you want to visit a recreational area, there are likely a dozen or more rv'ers who have been there and done videos which include where they camped and other information on parks in the area.
Happy huntin