Explorer II
Explorer II
115 REPLIES 115

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
Flashman wrote:

Why does Ford have to cheat?

They have the best selling truck line in America.

Maybe they do, but they came in 3rd in a 3 way race in this years HD shootout.
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ric Flair wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Don't know how many times I had to watch Mike Rowe talk about Ford best in class payload.

Mike and Ford - Liars.

Just another "Dirty Job" for Mike

Why does Ford have to cheat?

They have the best selling truck line in America.

The next time Fishy complains about the payload in a non-ford - we can roast him.

Ford lies - Ford cheats. By their own admission.

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
Flashman wrote:
Don't know how many times I had to watch Mike Rowe talk about Ford best in class payload.

Mike and Ford - Liars.

Just another "Dirty Job" for Mike
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's some video from Ford's Kentucky truck plant.

I love to see American's producing trucks by an American company! :B

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
We are addicted to $6 hammers and they are not made in this country. On the other hand, I never had one foreign company invite me to bid on their home office parking lot. Therefore, I look for American companies to do business with.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'll by the best product made that gives the best performance and last the longest regardless of where it's made.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
So after all this, what do you consider "truth?"

Are you expecting an hours-long infomercial with some celebrity prattling on about how X truck with Y engine and Z wheel drive and Q option package has N pounds of payload capacity, and X truck with B engine and R wheel drive and P option package has L pounds of payload capacity?

Fact of the matter is they've got 30 seconds to get the message across. What truck should they use as a basis for their payload/towing capacity claims?

You guys seem to think that a base/stripper model is cheating and lying, so you tell me.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoyJ wrote:
BenK wrote:
Buddies are finding Snap-On Tools has 'Made in China' on them. Guessing that will be a growing trend

Personally, I have a HUGE problem with that.

It's one thing for them to move manufacturing to China, it's another thing for them to continue charging the same premium price. You can bet the money went two place - executives and major shareholders.

Craftsman tools now made in China too. Recently needed a 15mm offset box wrench so figured I would buy a set, and may as well get a good set that will last. Went to Sears for a set of full-polish Craftsman, and for $79.95 found a 5-wrench set with poor fit/finish and a Made in China sticker.

Went to HF and bought their set for $24.95 and it had 7 wrenches in it. Looked every bit as good as the Craftsman set *sigh*.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
What ever guys, but I love Spaghetti with some good ole grass fed meat balls in a rich home grown tomatoe sauce the DW makes :W Tomorrow night pizza night :B Is that un American or what :H
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
I don't believe anyone here thinks there is a 100% American built vehicle today, but having said that, some choose to purchase their vehicles from an American company.

What makes one an "American company" though?

Is it an American company just because its HQ is based in America? What if that company uses tax loopholes and government bailouts/assistance to stay in business and doesn't give as much money back in taxes? What if that company declares bankruptcy and doesn't pay its suppliers a fair amount on the dollar?

Why isn't it an American company if the vehicles are designed and produced in the US? That company is paying US employees a competitive wage, pays payroll tax, pays real estate taxes, pays its suppliers in full, pays high import tariffs on vehicles not produced here, etc.

Lets not forget that in today's world you can buy stock in any publicly traded company.

Out of curiosity, where was your F350 made?

That is all true and always has been. In the past the stance was where do the profits go? But as you stated and the initiated knew you could invest in the company if you wanted regardless of their nationality. With the automotive shake up and the foreign take over of Chrysler that attitude has waned.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
I don't believe anyone here thinks there is a 100% American built vehicle today, but having said that, some choose to purchase their vehicles from an American company.

Is it an American company just because its HQ is based in America? What if that company uses tax loopholes and government bailouts/assistance to stay in business and doesn't give as much money back in taxes? What if that company declares bankruptcy and doesn't pay its suppliers a fair amount on the dollar?

Why isn't it an American company if the vehicles are designed and produced in the US? That company is paying US employees a competitive wage, pays payroll tax, pays real estate taxes, pays its suppliers in full, pays high import tariffs on vehicles not produced here, etc.

Lets not forget that in today's world you can buy stock in any publicly traded company.

I think you know you the difference...

BTW... My truck was built at the Kentucky truck plant.

Just another tidbit I was in Lowes purchasing a set of drill bits and there was the Lowes house brand (Made in China) and right next to it was the Milwakee brand (Made in the USA) for ~ $2.00 more.

I paid the two extra dollars. :W

As I would and do. good for you.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

I think you know you the difference...

BTW... My truck was built at the Kentucky truck plant.

Just another tidbit I was in Lowes purchasing a set of drill bits and there was the Lowes house brand (Made in China) and right next to it was the Milwakee brand (Made in the USA) for ~ $2.00 more.

I paid the two extra dollars. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
And we still buy American products because????? We feel patriotic .......:h Whatever works for wall street has got to be good.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
45Ricochet wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
Deleted....

LOL
Good decision :B Away for the week-end but I can't figure out what the subject was on this thread :W Oh wait, I see it's about liar's :E

It is beginning to be a whiners story. I am still playing my violin.

chevman

It started with the revelation that GM and Ford were cheating on their payload numbers!

For Ford it was going on for 4 years - anything to claim the best payload numbers.

I am sorry but to me this is illegal - some company(s) should be sued for false advertising.