cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMC Sierra EV

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow. 750 HP! 400 mile range. They're getting better. I have all the tow vehicle I'll ever need but this is really something.

GMC EV pickup
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
12 REPLIES 12

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
shelbyfv wrote:
Inverse snobbery, pathetic. The world moves on, nevertheless. Goober-Hate

I see crime in Memphis and Nashville is totally out of control like LA, Chicago, SF, DC. You have nothing to brag about hotshot.

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Inverse snobbery, pathetic. The world moves on, nevertheless. Goober-Hate

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is all about snob appeal good buddies. Basic comforts and simple pleasures with practical applications of everyday life is never enough for the snob crowd. Around 7500 snobs are now crying in their wine glass. More will soon follow. Great day in the morning.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Wow. 750 HP! 400 mile range. They're getting better. I have all the tow vehicle I'll ever need but this is really something.

GMC EV pickup

Way too pricey for me.
And no doubt dealers will slap another 10gs mark up on.
Worlds gone crazy. Lol

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Fisherman wrote:
2oldman wrote:

GMC EV pickup

That's an "estimated" range, under the best of conditions. And, where do you find 800 volt charging stations?

I think in Canada the only 800 volt providers are Petro-Canada and Electrify Canada. An 800 volt vehicle will charge fine off a 400 volt charger but somewhat slower…maybe 20 percent slower. (Its not linear). I have no personal experience with 800 volt systems but one of our neighbours has an 800 volt Hyundai. It charges marginally faster than our Tesla but it’s also a slightly smaller battery so not sure what the final tally would be. We have charged on Petro Canada 800 volt machines a few times with our Tesla but it switches to 400 volts as soon as it sees that it’s a Tesla and a 400 volt car. It’s all interchangeable and the car communicates what it wants from the charger.

Hope that helps. Not an expert.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Fisherman wrote:
And, where do you find 800 volt charging stations?

CCS goes to 920v as needed. Charging can be found here: https://www.plugshare.com

On the left bar select filters and unselect everything except CCS/SAE for compatible fast charging. Then put Angus Ontario in the search bar.

The J1772 can also be used for slower overnight charging. This would be your home charger.

The truck navigation will also find charging or get the plug share app on your phone. Unless you are a full time RVer most of your day to day charging will be at home.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

GMC EV pickup

That's an "estimated" range, under the best of conditions. And, where do you find 800 volt charging stations?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
An improvement at a max of 400 miles!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
afidel wrote:
1300 pounds of maximum payload (the Denali will be 1100 or less) means it's of very little use as an actual truck. I'm sure it will be fine as a status symbol commuter vehicle that sometimes pulls a boat but I think we're a major redesign away from useful EV trucks.

Very well said. I agree as member of present active 300 million gasser club. They have long long ways to go.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, one positive note on this vehicle - no one will steal your catalytic converter ! ??
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
1300 pounds of maximum payload (the Denali will be 1100 or less) means it's of very little use as an actual truck. I'm sure it will be fine as a status symbol commuter vehicle that sometimes pulls a boat but I think we're a major redesign away from useful EV trucks.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
So, a fancy new electric Chevy Avalanche. Not even a real pickup truck. At least the lightning has that going for it.
Who actually cares about another $100k + luxury light duty suv with an open bed?
Apparently a lot of people, as I see these 6 figure or almost 6 figure vehicles running around around here like they’re the new Toyota Camry or Ford Taurus (high sales numbers), but they’re still just toys for people who like to spend more on a supposed status symbol than it would cost them to have and fuel a comparable gasser.

Apparently the auto market is moving in the right direction, based on the above.
And sure, folks like me, if no other choice, could afford a garage full of them if I had to, but I have better ways to spend my money.
Kicker is, is all the upper income people will be full of these cars long before the vast majority of the car market that is much nearer or even below the median income have something more economical to buy and drive.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold