cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Sam or KOA

CYCLEPATH
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip in my Lance TC from Northern MI to Tucson in a couple of weeks. I want to stay at an RV park for about four weeks and ride my bicycle in the desert until I can't stand it. I also plan to do some bike packing in Michigan, which would be tent camping.

Does Good Sam's, or KOA, sound like more of an appropriate club to belong to. The rest of the year, I usually just take my TC to a families place in the UP, and set up shop there. No full time RVing, at least not yet. Plan to hit some parks on the way to AZ, though. I belong to AAA, and am old.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for an RV park in Tucson that does monthly rentals? They have a KOA in town that gets good reviews. Thank you.
16 REPLIES 16

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
My preference would be passport america, or freecampsites.net
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Both depending on where you stay. KOAs are usually more with better amenities likes pools, playgrounds, tc, but not always. Their memberships usually pay for themselves if you camp in a campground a few times a year.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member