cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gutter extensions

Scottam
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2014 233s Shamrock and I am thinking of covering it this coming weekend. I wondering if the gutter extensions will cut through the cover, and if so what suggestions are there to keep that from happening. I don't think that they are removable. Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.
7 REPLIES 7

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, I don't think my gutter extensions come off. This said my 8 year old adco cover is in the twilight of its life (same cover used on my previous TT) so my extensions already stick through the ripped corners of the cover.

There is a positive side to having 4 rips on the corners of the rv cover... makes a nice guide for putting on the cover... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I always took mine off.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
You can also use a tennis ball. Cut a slit in the ball and slide in to the gutter extension. Use caution when ever you add or remove your cover, they seem to snag on anything and everything.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

btd35
Explorer
Explorer
I take mine off, they just clip on.

Tom & Beth
05,Grand Junction 35TMS
99, Dodge 3500 Dually.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced a broken one on mine. They went on with one screw and some caulk, just slipped under the gutter.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
you can remove them

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I wrap some foam pipe insulation over the extensions. No rips in the cover yet!