cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Having Fun

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
We had a TC about 30 years ago, and we had many good adventures with it, but we started moving into bigger campers. Last week I bought a 1998 Coachman to haul on my 2009 3500 DWR 4x4 Ram. We also have a 35 foot 5er that we enjoy for staying a while at one place. I had forgotten how versatile a TC is. I can go almost anywhere with this thing, and the three overnight trips we've taken so far have been great fun. We've still got to figure out how to organize things for an extended stay. This forum gave me the TC fever, and for that, I thank you guys.
6 REPLIES 6

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I know you were referring to Charley67, bzgenius, but I'll go ahead and post a photo of the truck camper I started camping in. My parents had a Franklin that I believe was a late 60s vintage. And as with your family, Charley67, us three kids rode in it looking out the big front window, helping ourselves to snacks, and "taking care of business" all the time. This photo is of the last and biggest trip we took in it back in 1991. Good memories!

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

bzgenius
Explorer
Explorer
We need pictures.

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
Welcome back to the TC world, Charley67! Organizing gear in a TV is definitely an art. As kohldad said, less stuff helps. So does customizing the available storage for what you want to carry. And I'm always challenging myself to figure out how to store stuff where I can easily access it but don't have to stow before traveling. What kind of truck camper did you have those many years ago?

It was an early 70s model, 8' that I bought from a friend for $500, but for the life of me I can't remember the make of it. I had it on an old '68 F100 LWB. Our 3 kids used to ride in and look out the window over the cab. But they also stood up on the car seat when they were real small. Sure wouldn't let a child do that now.

I just remembered, it was a "Happy Times."

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back to the TC world, Charley67! Organizing gear in a TV is definitely an art. As kohldad said, less stuff helps. So does customizing the available storage for what you want to carry. And I'm always challenging myself to figure out how to store stuff where I can easily access it but don't have to stow before traveling. What kind of truck camper did you have those many years ago?
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
About the same with me. Never have figured out where they put those darn Christmas presents are wrapped up.

IMO, if you are having problems organizing, you are trying to bring too much stuff. My wife and I can pack for a 4 week trip and still have room left over even though we are in a small hard side.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Gotten a lot of good use out of our TC. Never did seem to figure out how to pack it efficiently. Every trip has it's own purpose and different bring alongs we think we need. Our rule of thumb, If need it, we can buy it! Have yourself a good time figuring things out, sort of,,,