Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help... 2003 Lamce 1161 lavatory/shower diverter faucets

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a leak

It is in the bathroom sink.... the faucets have the shower diverter built in

I have tightened up everything I can reach.... the cold side still leaks into the storage area below the sink. Water also comes out of the area between the faucets and the sink top

I have never had the faucets out... there connections are behind the molded in sink... I can't see them

I imagine that I'll have to replace the faucets... any ideas?

How to get them out, where to get a replacement with the same function, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare
12 REPLIES 12

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
We can see windrock from the house. They now have "fancy" campgrounds with hook ups, dump stations,etc. Some have direct 4 wheeler access to the mountain. I think the town of Oliver springs has some connection to it... We've been seeing a lot more 4 wheelers heading up there this year.

Stop by if you come this way.

Chwet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:
It is fancy and it works perfectly... we'll never have the "scald/cold/hot/... " cycle camper shower again. I'll try to get installion picture to photoshop and posted soon.

I think this link will get you there

I think that it is worth every penny.

Sleepy

thanks Sleepy, I'd like to see how it looks in the camper.

BTW, years ago we used to ride ATV's down your way. On windrock mountain.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
It is fancy and it works perfectly... we'll never have the "scald/cold/hot/... " cycle camper shower again. I'll try to get installion picture to photoshop and posted soon.

I think this link will get you there

I think that it is worth every penny.

Sleepy

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy, we had a leak on ours this summer. Discovered it on the second day of our 14 days trip West. Water was running out of the back corner of the camper when the wife was taking a shower. After some panic and investigate I found it was the cold side of the faucet in the bathroom. We wrapper a tower around it for the remainder of the trip and made sure we dried everything out everyday day.Once I got home I ordered a new faucet.
Do you have pictures of the faucet you put in? Looks pretty darn fancy.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't appear that anyone else cares.... but after showing from start to finish at the my prefered temperature... no fluxuations:h in temperature. the first time ever in our TC.

It took about an hour to remove the old faucet and intall the new one. Ie was awkward to get to the bottom of the counter top behind the bowl and somewhat on top of the outside shoer.

Like Kayteg I also used the old shower hose and shower head with its on/off feature.

Janet and I will have thermostatically controlled faucets and showers at home within the next few weeks.... Nice!

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! The new faucet was delivered today.... 48 hours after ordering...

very high quality

My installation will be much easier than Kayteg1's....

I don't have to give it as much thought...

I am doing it exactly like Kayteg did, with sharkbites.... and using an electrical stepped hole reamer to enlarge the left hole in the fiberglas.

I haven't figured out what to use the right hole for but hope for a flash of creativity.... maybe install a bud vase.

Thanks again

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the pictures the new shower would be nice....

my first thought was that we could just reach over to the sink and turn the diverter valve.... Oops! that would just continue the full stream into the bath room sink. wasting precious water is no no with our style of travel... we NEVER go to campgrounds.... so we don't want any extra water in the holding tanks either.

Why do we appreciate your answer so much.

The leak effects the truck campers shower too...

And that effects me and Janet...

We had been looking for someone to redo our tub to a full sized walk in shower at home. I didn't find anyone that I wanted in our house when we aren't there.... and if they remove the tub shower we'd be in the camper anyway.

For the amount of $$$$$ that it would cost to have someone else do it I could redo the whole bathroom.

Janet protested that I was getting a bit old...75. I told her that doing a project like this was what I wanted for my birthday. I could prove to myself that I am still young inside.

And so... I completely stripped the bath room... even removed the more than 300 pound cast iron tub by myself... in one piece. I have redone the ceiling, the subfloor and the floor... (we are using Alure on top of that).

I had to repair the studs on the outside wall... and used 2" thick solid foam to insulate that wall to R10... with a vapor barrier over that.

Janet desided a new commode and a new vanity would make it look better.

The new BASCO shower doors are beautiful... burnished copper with reflection glass (They make every thing twice as big) At this point you can imagine doing a poor imitation of the twist to celebrate the finish of the project.

It's been fun... the shower pan goes in today... the new closet flange is in place... and the vanity is in process.

But.... our TC shower isn't available... what a bummer.... I get pretty dirty with all of this work.

It's too cold to let Janet hose me down... thank goodness we have working commodes and sinks. It's like back packing...shower later... much later... or thanks to you next Thursday.

Chet

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to post "after" picture.
My faucet come with missing shower hose, but I did not hesitate to use original.
Still on the fence if I want to use new, fancier shower head, or the old one with built-in valve.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
thank you very much... i have it on order. It will be here by thursday the 29th

$102.50, free shipping.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
i enjoyed reading your post.... but when I searched for the faucet I couldn't find it.... could you help me there please?

Thanks

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like typical cheap faucet failure.
Check my topic at Faucet upgrade