cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help! One of my jacks won't retract or extend!

RamblinAnne
Explorer
Explorer
So I've had issues with my happijacs since day 1. It's partially my own fault - I never properly cared for them. One in particular always seizes up and I have to bust out the manual crank. It's a pain but it works. Except for today. When going to raise the camper up so that I could load it on to the truck, even the manual crank failed. I was going at it and I felt the gear slip and now it just spins and spins and does not lower down or raise up. What do I do??

I took the motor off but can't really get to the actual jack mechanism without taking the whole jack off the the camper. Which I can't do since the camper is not supported by the truck. (I do have it supported by some homemade saw horses - 2 EAZlift telescoping jacks with some 2x4s going across to support).

Most importantly, I want to get the camper back on the truck ASAP. I will feel a lot more comfortable working on the jacks once the camper is on the truck. My biggest fear is being stuck somewhere and not being able to take my home with me so first things first, I gotta get the camper on the truck. But how do I do this with only 3 working jacks?? (It's the front right jack that isn't working).

Any prompt advice would be much appreciated! If you can't tell, I'm slightly panicked by the idea that the two pieces of my home won't come together. Thanks everyone!
2013 Ford F350 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel DRW Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004 Bigfoot 25c10.6e
Full-timer
30 REPLIES 30

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, had the same problem on the Titan? Ticor? whatever jacks and discovered that the electrical cord pin/connector was broken, easy to do .. had to replace/splice a new plug on it. It happened accidentally when moving stuff around the front.. might check that just to be sure..
Hope that helps...

You might get away with raising the other 3 jacks and slipping the truck underneath, just a thought.. I had one time where the ground sank under one jack and had to use 3 to bring it up. Take them to the max height or until it clears the bed. I'm on a Flatbed so it might not work correctly, just a thought..
Good luck but sounds like you're way past fixing it... sigh hang in there..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website