cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

yizit wrote:
That is some impressive unit you have there. I love the storage and clean lines. Thanks for the pic's and welcome to the forum. Be sure to keep us up todate on your traveling adventures. Send pic's of your campground places. Our little R-Pod has all the comforts of home and serves us well.

Your R-Pod looks a little like the T@B we have in Europe, only that yours seems a lot bigger ... like everything else in US ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here you can see a pic over a typical camping in Sweden, okey this is a pretty big camping with almost 550 places.
http://www.dorfmeister.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/panorama.jpg

Here is "our" street during our camping this easter
http://www.dorfmeister.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dsc_4379.jpg

If you look at the pics on this link http://www.dorfmeister.se/?p=63 you can see what a typical camping ground looks like, at least theres a nice shots at the facility's

Another thing that cross my mind was that in Sweden is pretty common to set up a tent in front of the trailer ... does this exist at all over there?

btw. here is how our trailers floorplan looks like
//Majk
Trailer: KABE Royal Hacienda 880 BTDL '07
Car: Dodge Nitro SLT 2.8CRD '09
Website: รorfmeisterยดs homepage (you will prodably dont understand a thing, itยดs in swedish ;))

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
That is some impressive unit you have there. I love the storage and clean lines. Thanks for the pic's and welcome to the forum. Be sure to keep us up todate on your traveling adventures. Send pic's of your campground places. Our little R-Pod has all the comforts of home and serves us well.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

Mike Up
Thanks for converting the specs.
My tongue weight is with a 11kg propane tube, battery installed, and 40liters of fresh water in the tank.
Yes and no would be my answer to you about the stability of the trailer. I would guess that european trailers are more sensitive to how you load them then your US models are. And in most of Europe the speed limit is set to 80km/h (49mph?) but you in Germany for example you can apply to get permission to a higher speed limit 100km/h (62mph) but then your tires must be newer than 6 years and you have a stabilizer coupling to the tow ball. We doesn't use sway bars like you guys are doing, and again I guess this is related to the weight issue. This stabilizer coupling I have on my trailer is of the type that it "feels" when your trailer is starting to sway and then it squeezes with friction pads around the tow ball to prevent swaying.
Yes, our european trailers have a lot smaller "bath rooms" then your US versions have. For example there are not a single model in europe that contains bath tub so we must rely to showers and toilets at the camping grounds and these are often really nice to use.
In Sweden where I most often is camping the camping grounds are not so big, I should guess around 50-200 camping places.
//Majk
Website: รorfmeisterยดs homepage (you will prodably dont understand a thing, itยดs in swedish ;))

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Lenght: 6.70m
Total lenght: 7.90m
Width: 2.30m
Total height: 2.50m
Weight: 1.8ton (Metric?)
Tongue Weight: 90kg of pressure

Length: 21.98'
Total Length: 25.91'
Width: 7.55'
Total Height: 8.2'
Weight: 3968 lbs.
Tongue Weight: 198.42 lbs of pressure

Wow, those are some really different specs. Only "5%" tongue weight!!

I guess my first question would be, what type of hitch system do you use. Does it have integrated weight distribution (equalization) and sway control. Being you only have 5% tongue weight, I can image the sway would be really bad. I'm guessing your hitch system has sway control built in to alleviate the effects of such a light tongue weight.

Then, what type of speed limits are you limited to, while pulling a trailer. I remember reading that it was 45 mph or 72.42 kmph. That would make sway less likely as you're going pretty slow.

Nice camper (or caravan :W), it looks really comfortable.

Now I've seen a lot of european style campers without bathrooms. Do you guys have campgrounds that offer a lot of showers and bathrooms? Around here, I've seen campgrounds with only 2 toilets and 2 showers being most travel trailers have their own.

I hope you stay active in these forums, because a lot of threads reference european campers with a lot of mystery. You could be the knowledge in those threads.

Oh, by reference, my camper dry (without water and without loaded gear) weighs the same as your camper.

My Jayco Jay Flight 19BH specs are as follows:

Lenght: ?
Total lenght: 6.83m
Width: 2.44m
Total height: 3.25m with air conditioner
Weight: 1.77ton (Metric?)
Tongue Weight: 204kg of pressure (dry with standard options, no battery, no propane)

Length: ?
Total Length: 22.42'
Width: 8.00'
Total Height: 10.67' with air conditioner
Weight: 3896 lbs.
Tongue Weight: 450 lbs of pressure (dry with standard options, no battery, no propane)

Have a good one.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice hardwood flooring and looks like plenty of counter space!
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

StuartW
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool ... thanks for sharing!

StuartW
2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie
CTD HO 4x4 SRW LWB QC / Leer 100XQ cap
2005 HR Savoy SL 26RKS
StuartW
2005 HR Savoy SL 26RKS

RVbikers wrote:
Wow, thats pretty cool. Thats a very interesting trailer. I am curious as to what the interior is like. can you post any pics of the inside? also, what are the specifications on that, weight, length, etc. Man, i have a ton of questions, hahaha...:B
Looks like the trailer wheels are front further then the trailers we have here in the U.S. Does that lessen the tongue weight?

Lenght: 6.70m
Total lenght: 7.90m
Width: 2.30m
Total height: 2.50m
Weight: 1.8ton

As you noticed there a very big difference in trailers from Europe and US/Canada. The biggest difference is the weight, in Europe we build caravans that doesn't weigh so much mostly because of the laws and gasoline thirsty cars/SUVยดs are not so popular because of the expensive gasoline (7-8$/gallon) over here.
I have 90kg of pressure on my towbar so you see that we have much less tongue weight than you ... i think ๐Ÿ˜‰ (tongue weight, is that similar to the pressure you have on the towball?)
I read an article about Airstrem and there effort to sell trailers in Europe and I will recall that tongue weight and the total weight on the trailer were there biggest changing. If I dont recall wrong the tongue weight on the Airstrem was 290kg from the beginning and they were forced to decrease this with 50%.
I doesnt have any fresh interior pics but I do have pics from it when we bought it so i publish them ... apologize for the pour quality on the pics.

Pic taken from the door

From the front

The bedroom, there is a bed above the master bed.

Pic taken from the bedroom

Now we have decorated the trailer, this pics are very sterile as you can see.

I think that I have a lot of questions on your trailers as well and will terrorize you guys with strange questions.
//Majk

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
REALLY COOL!

I like that! Great that you have joined the forum here, happy camping to you and family. I would like to see interior prictures.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

RVbikers
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, thats pretty cool. Thats a very interesting trailer. I am curious as to what the interior is like. can you post any pics of the inside? also, what are the specifications on that, weight, length, etc. Man, i have a ton of questions, hahaha...:B
Looks like the trailer wheels are front further then the trailers we have here in the U.S. Does that lessen the tongue weight?
Keep true to the vision living in your head.
Jim & Evelyn
2015 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7L
2016 Prime Time Spartan 1242X
2012 Street Glide (his)
2004 Fatboy (hers)

Hi guys, im new to RV.net.
Im from Sweden and found this site when I was looking for information about 5th wheelers and Airstreams. Unfortunate this kind of trailers/caravans are pretty rare in Europe. But this site is a real gold mine for RV interested people.

This is my rig, with this my family travel around in Sweden and planning to go south in Europe next summer. Our family is me, my wife Eva, our two sons Anton and Neo and our Leonberger named Leo (our dog).

Home at my backyard

On the road

Last weekend, out camping

Same as above

Caravan: KABE Royal 670 from -96
Car: SAAB 9000 Aero with modified engine and gearbox (340hp/510NM)

Apologize my pour english.
//Majk

Diabs
Explorer
Explorer
2nd trip this year....with my parents, who haven't camped since.....30 years ago! We all had a blast with great weather and great food.

Rockwood, Grand River Conservation, Ontario

EDIT: Along with MIL and my two older Bro's, the whole family!
Any camping is good camping!

DH & DW , DD x 2
2008 Salem 27RB LTD
Yukon XL 1500 5.3 SLT 2WD
Prodigy BC, DC Reese WD, Scan Gauge II
Days camped in 2008 -38-
Days camped in 2009 -30-
Days camped in 2010 -25-

StuartW
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a favorite from our current rig's maiden voyage back in 2005. The photo is taken at the Watchman Campground in Zion National Park, Utah.

If I had taken a step backwards I would've been standing in the Virgin River, so this site had everything (except for full hookups!;))

StuartW
2005 HR Savoy SL 26RKS

Missy120
Explorer
Explorer
D-Low wrote:
2nd try, hopefully this works

Our campsite @ Mountain Springs C.G. in Shartlesville, PA

Lake behind campsite

Oh you are the one with the purple awning that I liked. I saw it all weekend!

We have a seasonal site at Mt. Springs.

D-Low
Explorer
Explorer
2nd try, hopefully this works

Our campsite @ Mountain Springs C.G. in Shartlesville, PA

Lake behind campsite

jlmdlm
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our new to us 2008 Dutchmen on its third trip this year. OK, my picture resizing skills are apparently lacking. I think I got them fixed now.