cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitch in 2011 F350

WrightOn
Explorer
Explorer
I will be upgrading my TV from a '99 7.3 to a '11 6.7. I'm very excited about the bells and whistles that the "new" truck has that the 17 year old does not. With that, I'm looking for help related to hitches. My current set up is a Reese 15k hitch. The new truck has a B&W ball in the bed.

1. What are my options using that ball and not installing the rails from my Reese?
2. Do the holes in the 1999 match up with the 2011? Probably better asked, Do the rails fit the 2011?
3. Would you recommend using the Reese hitch in the 2011 truck?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Out numbered 4:1
2011 F350 PSD 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Empty Nest'n with our Rott!
6 REPLIES 6

WrightOn
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the help. I take possession of the truck on Saturday and will have more definite information at that time.
Out numbered 4:1
2011 F350 PSD 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Empty Nest'n with our Rott!

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
If there is a ball in the bed, look to see if it has the Reese mount under the bed. The factory prep has 5 holes in the bed, one for the goose neck ball and four for the pucks of a Reese Elite 5th wheel hitch.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

cant_remember_I
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same truck and I'm very happy with my B&W Companion. But the Anderson will also work with the ball without any other modifications. They did the hard part already by installing the turn over ball. Enjoy the new truck, I love mine.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can also install a Curt X5 fifth wheel rail adaptor In the B&W and use your current fifth wheel hitch.

Companion is the best bet though with your gooseneck.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You could get a B&W Companion, that is made to work with the B&W ball. You could install it yourself, without drilling any holes for rails.

Jerry

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it has the prep package then you get a compatible hitch like the one in my sig line or a B/W. The hitch drops right into the four holes (covered with plastic pucks) around the hole for the gooseneck. Takes me about 5 minutes to attach or remove my hitch. The rails are hidden under the bed.

This gives you a flat truck bed when the hitch is out.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper