cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda eu2000i - good price

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a Honda eu2000i generator. I think I got a good price. It is on the following website for $899 - free shipping and no tax for me. I only saw it one other place cheaper at $895, but that was back east and would have taken longer to receive. Just wanted to pass on what I thought was a good deal in case someone else was looking.

http://www.electricgeneratordepot.com
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
22 REPLIES 22

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Glad you got it figured out and it's all good. 🙂 Did Honda say something like they pre-run all generators or give an indication why you would smell gas and there might be oil in it?

I also think it's great that you let gen depot know so the tech guy can have the information. Sure you would think they would know these things. But they obviously didn't and now they do. 🙂

Yes, Honda said they test all generators at the factory. After a few people said I should not smell any gas and gen depot has such a bad reputation, I got real nervous. I should have called Honda before calling gen depot. I only told gen depot because it was my problem not theirs and I didn't need any bad karma.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Glad you got it figured out and it's all good. 🙂 Did Honda say something like they pre-run all generators or give an indication why you would smell gas and there might be oil in it?

I also think it's great that you let gen depot know so the tech guy can have the information. Sure you would think they would know these things. But they obviously didn't and now they do. 🙂
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
Update -

I tried to contact generator depot via their website feedback page. I got no reply in 4 days. I called them this morning and got put on with one tech support guy that just kept telling me there is no gas in the unit. He said there is no gas, I said there is gas, he says he can assure me there is no gas, I say yes, there is gas....and on and on. He switches me to a sales rep who asks me a few more questions. He wanted a picture of the box with the cardboard that is broken. I get off the phone, send him the pictures.

Then I find Honda's contact number and call them. They tell me that you will be able to smell gas under the gas cap and there will be residual oil, maybe half full.

So, I just sent gen depot an e-mail telling them the same thing. I have a new generator so I am going to keep it. Thanks for all of the replies.

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
Never seen a new generator have gas in it , or oil .

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nunyadamn wrote:
Update - got the generator yesterday (2 days for shipping from CA-AZ). Looks great and works great. I was a little worried when I opened the box. the top piece of cardboard was a little ripped and I could smell a little gas when I opened the gas cap. It had a little oil in it. I topped off the oil and put gas in. Started right up.

Should I be worried that I could smell gas with the gas cap off - does anyone know if it is just from Honda testing it at the factory? If they test at the factory I have no issue. If not, then it may be used.

If I had to do it over again, I would choose a different place just because of all of the bad reviews. Too bad, their website is great.

New Honda gennys are shipped with no oil and no gas.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nunyadamn wrote:
Uh oh. I purchased with my credit card through Amazon. I will see what I get. I took a screen capture and saved the page to my computer. My credit card company will back me if anything goes wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

I have experience selling on Amazon and it's not easy. You should be OK and covered by Amazon's A-Z guarantee. They don't put up with bad sellers for long.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Gas smell is probably from testing. I found a good deal locally...came with oil already in it and maybe 1/4 full of gas from their testing. Good local places that stand behind their sales are great when you can find them.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
Update - got the generator yesterday (2 days for shipping from CA-AZ). Looks great and works great. I was a little worried when I opened the box. the top piece of cardboard was a little ripped and I could smell a little gas when I opened the gas cap. It had a little oil in it. I topped off the oil and put gas in. Started right up.

Should I be worried that I could smell gas with the gas cap off - does anyone know if it is just from Honda testing it at the factory? If they test at the factory I have no issue. If not, then it may be used.

If I had to do it over again, I would choose a different place just because of all of the bad reviews. Too bad, their website is great.

closurdo
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
Mayberry.com has been advertizing in Trailer Life - even my 1996 back issue had a ad for them.

They seem to have great prices too.

Fred.

Almost 🙂

It's Mayberrys
2003 Silverado 2500hd Duramax
1998 Sunnybrook 26cks
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I try to stay local, but if the price is better online and I don't need it right away, I buy internet. I wish that the local places didn't try to screw you, but they seem to be just as bad as the internet places. You never know what kind of service you are going to get from either. Buying from the internet usually has no tax and shipping is usually free with anything of value. I always look local first because I want to see the product before I buy, but more times than not, the local place doesn't have the item in stock and says they can order it. I can do that for myself and it usually is cheaper.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis Smith wrote:
Buy local, support a small business. Might cost a few bucks more but keep a job in your local area and if you have a problem you can drive down the street and they can take care of it.

Agreed. I always try to buy local from independent businesses, then to the chains, then the internet.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
mlts22 wrote:
I'd rather pay a little bit more to buy from a physical shop. That way, I can make sure the generator at least has been started and isn't DOA before it comes home with me.

I bought two from Mayberry. One was broke in shipment. They shipped another one out that day and included a prepaid return label. No hassle at all.
As far as warranty goes your local authorized Honda small engine guy can do the warranty work.
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Mayberry.com has been advertizing in Trailer Life - even my 1996 back issue had a ad for them.

They seem to have great prices too.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather pay a little bit more to buy from a physical shop. That way, I can make sure the generator at least has been started and isn't DOA before it comes home with me.