cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hoses

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Another question... after unhooking all the hoses.. water.. sewer.. I was thinking there has to be a better way to store these so moisture isn't getting in this storage space.. in something..

Can everyone tell me what they do?
RooCamper...
Retired and loving every minute of it !!
21 REPLIES 21

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I found a small plastic reel in a dumpster and keep my fresh water hose on that. Drain and connect ends. I store this in an old plastic cooler alond with my stabalizer crank, locks, tarp & frisbee's. Put it outside when camping. Sewer hose goes into a section of PBC with end cap which I zip tied to rear bumper on the inside. Close and accessible. Best of luck.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I made a sewer hose holder of PVC and zip tied it to my rear bumper on theinside. Great for the longer hose. I put my fresh water hose on a small reel and keep it inside a coler along with stabalizer crank, tools and locks. Keep it outside when parked and inside the door when traveling. I always drain the water hose and connect the ends.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
Since my sewer hose has a 90 degree fitting at one end (which I have no intention of removing every time), I use a Rubbermaid container for it as it won't fit in the bumper

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
TheGreatWaz00 wrote:
Chuck

With screwing the two ends together aren't you concerned with bacteria growing in a dark damp seal environment?

People have been doing that like forever and no complaints about bacteria.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
The only way to learn is by doing it. Handy guys didn't become handy without breaking a few things along the way. The sewer hose fence post storage tube is an easy project to do.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck

With screwing the two ends together aren't you concerned with bacteria growing in a dark damp seal environment?
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
What FF5 said: just drain the hoses and connect the ends together to create a sealed container. Not only prevents moisture but keeps them CLEAN inside and protects the soft brass couplings from dents and bending. Also you don't lose the little rubber washers.

I just stuff the sewer hose in the bumper after draining and rinsing it.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Ok found these at Dollar General.. they seem to work.. now to find what to do with the sway bars.. lol

RooCamper...

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I also drain water hose and screw ends together.

This is what I use for the sewer hose:
Sewer hose endcaps
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
your sewer hose should fit in the rear bumper.
we put our other hoses in a Rubbermaid tub and set it in the shower pan.

you don't have to try and fit it in the storage compartment.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mfan wrote:
Rubbermaid

That is what I do one for Sewer and one for fresh waterhoses

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I gotcha.. and I do have them in a outside storage area.. I guess I'm just a bit OCD about keeping everything in it's place and clean..organized..so working out those kinks..

Thanks
RooCamper...

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
for the water hose, once I unhook and drain most of the water out, I just screw the ends togehter to make a closed loop...no wetness in the camper...as for sewer hose, I won't buy an RV unless it has a dedicated storage area. This is a must have for me.
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy ๐Ÿ˜› (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
LOL.. well we all have our skill set.. and I can cook/clean and yes.. even use a screwdriver.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
RooCamper...