cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Host mammoth generator compartment

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if a Honda 2000i will fit in the generator compartment on a host mammoth? Have read all the pro and cons on the onan built in generator . Leaning towards the built in for convenience but don't think I am going to be happy with the noise after having the hondas of which I currently have two of. Just unsure where to carry the Honda and the gas and just wanted to ask if anyone knows if a Honda would fit in that compartment it doesn't look like it would , the Honda 2000i looks to be to tall.
Thanks
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's
7 REPLIES 7

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Spearfisherman71 wrote:
Devocamper wrote:
Spearfisherman71 wrote:
I have a mammoth. Send me your gen dimensions and I'll check it out for you.

Thanks Spearfisherman appreciate the help

Dimensions (L x W x H) 20.2" x 11.4" x 16.7" from what I remember I don't think a Honda will fit but thanks for checking
Mike

No it's too tall. I have 14.5". However anyone with an aluminum welder could modify the bottom to make it work.

Thanks for checking much appreciated
18 Host Mammoth

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
Devocamper wrote:
Spearfisherman71 wrote:

Dimensions (L x W x H) 20.2" x 11.4" x 16.7" from what I remember I don't think a Honda will fit but thanks for checking
Mike

No it's too tall. I have 14.5". However anyone with an aluminum welder could modify the bottom to make it work.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Spearfisherman71 wrote:

Mike
18 Host Mammoth

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Liked the camper,but they were busy not a lot of personal time with anybody to answer questions. They do hook up Hondas 2000 to propane,all you have to do is place it where fumes wont be a problem,nice option no gas needed. The black tank valve is chest high seems odd,rather it be lower for any seepage. Don't like having to put slides out to use bathroom. Large ,roomy camper. Think that price is too high,Lance 1172 is $10,000 less.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
pa traveler wrote:
We got the onan generator with our 2011 1191 use it very little. Too noisy ,should have saved the money. Now have a EU 3000 mounted on front super quiet and runs air and other things on eco mode. Used to use the 2000 just kept it in back seat or shower stall with vent closed. We are going to look at Mammoths tomorrow,will try and remember to ask your question.

H
Thanks PA we were up there about a month ago but we're more concerned at the time about weights and didn't think about generators , when we were there in September they a mammoth without the onan I should have looked in the compartment. Would like to hear you impressions of the host
Thanks Mike
18 Host Mammoth

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
We got the onan generator with our 2011 1191 use it very little. Too noisy ,should have saved the money. Now have a EU 3000 mounted on front super quiet and runs air and other things on eco mode. Used to use the 2000 just kept it in back seat or shower stall with vent closed. We are going to look at Mammoths tomorrow,will try and remember to ask your question.