cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you feel about people walking through your campsite?

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
How do you feel about people walking through your campsite?
166 REPLIES 166

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr. Camper wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Same way I feel about people walking through my living room. They lack common courtesy and respect for others.

Maybe so, but if they walk through my living room I can legally shoot them.

Nope. Not unless they are threatening your life.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Hannibal wrote:
Same way I feel about people walking through my living room. They lack common courtesy and respect for others.

Maybe so, but if they walk through my living room I can legally shoot them.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I just take out my 45 and fire a round into the ground. They usually leave in a hurry.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
rbpru wrote:
So in the end, who is the most disrespectful; the person who boldly cuts across another’s rented campsite? Or, the person who greedily guards their rented fiefdom and refuses to extend the common courtesy of letting a neighbor cross their property?

I will leave that to the readers.

Obviously the person who cuts through otherwise there would never be a need to greedily guard my fiefdom or my family's right to some privacy. But hey, who am I to judge, I just pay for the place!!

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Hannibal wrote:
rbpru wrote:
So in the end, who is the most disrespectful; the person who boldly cuts across another’s rented campsite? Or, the person who greedily guards their rented fiefdom and refuses to extend the common courtesy of letting a neighbor cross their property?

The person who boldly cuts through another's rented campsite.
That's my vote too!

Jetta03
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:

Common courtesy implies a choice. You extend courtesy by asking, you don't demand it by taking.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hannibal wrote:
rbpru wrote:

This...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru wrote:

2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
rvpru wrote:
So in the end, who is the most disrespectful; the person who boldly cuts across another’s rented campsite? Or, the person who greedily guards their rented fiefdom and refuses to extend the common courtesy of letting a neighbor cross their property? I will leave that to the readers.
I think we have pretty well established it. :B
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

WestMich
Explorer
Explorer
We have a seasonal site and if someone cuts through once in a while it's one thing, but our neighbors teens behind us go through 10 times a day every weekend....call me greedy if you want, but that's rude. Park rules say it's not allowed, but I don't want to start a feud either. We will probably just put up a barrier instead.

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
I learned as a Boy Scout a hundred years ago you NEVER...EVER walk through someone's campsite unless you ask and receive permission first. And you NEVER...EVER walk through someone's campsite if they're not there.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II

Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a paint ball gun and having target practice!!!
Go right ahead if you would enjoy being sued or worse. They may get very irate and be packing more than a paint ball gun. Add some alcohol and then............. :E

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
On my last trip I stayed at a state park, my site was one site over from the bathhouse. I decided to go take a shower, and since no one was in the site next to mine made a bee-line through that site to the bathhouse, straight shot from my trailer. After my shower I was leaving bathhouse and looked up (fortunately) and saw someone was now in that site next to mine, and so took the scenic route going back. A site can go from unoccupied to occupied in the time it takes to take a shower :B
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
It is rude and inconsiderate of others to cut through someone's site.

It is rude and inconsiderate to walk your pet on someone's site and let it go to the bathroom. Nobody wants to see your pet do it's business on their site. Go to the designated pet areas.