cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you feel about people walking through your campsite?

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
How do you feel about people walking through your campsite?
166 REPLIES 166

paddywanpeep
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:

rickeoni wrote:

paddywanpeep wrote:

I get off my chair, walk up to them and punch them as hard as I can in the face, men, women, kids, bears, dogs, squirrels, birds, mt.lions, raccoons, skunks, cats, park police, bees, I don't care. If they say, growl or anything back I punch them in the head again. This has worked well for me over the years.

I don`t mind walking through other peoples campsites.....they don`t own the site and should be happy I`m in their presence!

I want to be there when you guys meet....

hopefully there are no firearms involved....

Nope no guns! Just my 2 cannons!!!!

What a rookie! Do you think you are the first person to shoot cannons at me while I am camping and then have to punch the cannonballs out of the air mid flight as the enter my space? You need to do better than that. Also I will punch those cannons back to Gettysburg

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
We had a funny experience this weekend. While sitting outside we heard loud voices in the woods behind us. About 8 adults and kids came out of the woods into our campsite. They seemed to be quite inexperienced hikers (flip flops) and had gotten lost. They were tired and thrilled to see campers. They kept telling us they were so sorry to walk on our site. We were all laughing together reassuring them it was fine and asked if they needed anything. They just needed to find their campsite.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
As long as they bring me a cold beer I don't have a problem with it.

RwaSmith
Explorer
Explorer
IndyCamp wrote:
It doesn't really bother me.

I go camping to chill out and relax, not get worked up about minor stuff like someone walking through "my" campsite. I usually give them a "how's it goin'?"

x2 its just not worth getting upset over. Unless they are waking directly next to your camper
2016 Forrest River Vibe 308BHS
2010 Chevy Suburban 2500

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doug33 wrote:
rickeoni wrote:
paddywanpeep wrote:

I get off my chair, walk up to them and punch them as hard as I can in the face, men, women, kids, bears, dogs, squirrels, birds, mt.lions, raccoons, skunks, cats, park police, bees, I don't care. If they say, growl or anything back I punch them in the head again. This has worked well for me over the years.

I don`t mind walking through other peoples campsites.....they don`t own the site and should be happy I`m in their presence!

Nope no guns! Just my 2 cannons!!!!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
paddywanpeep wrote:

2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
paddywanpeep wrote:

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
e-light wrote:

Luckily nothing came of it...just boggles my mind how rude and self centered people can be some times. If she would have pulled up and said, "Hi, would you mind if I parked here for an hour or so while my grandson uses the playground? My knee is really bothering me..." I probably would have said, sure it's no problem. But to just pull into my spot...3 foot from the side of my camper and proclaim she can park wherever she wants...no. That's not cool.

Exactly. It is amazing how well things go if people are polite and ask.

mikensallyt
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
If they are a child, I just ignore it. If they are an adult, I invite them to have a beer with me. I could care less if they walk through our camp or not.

damn, I like this. I need to stock up the fridge for this weekend then.
Retired USN 1996, RMCS(SW/AW)
Traveling solo in my 2015 Thor Challenger since my wife of 25 years went solo to the Lord
Seems like every trip out there's a warranty repair on it afterwards
F/T in two years from now. Last child to graduate first.

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
because many of them are drunk and grumpy.

And sometimes I'm drunk and grumpy...all the more reason to stay out of my campsite! :B
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cumminsยฎ Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
How about someone pulling up and parking right next to your camper? This happened to me a couple of years ago. I was like, "hey, excuse me...you can't park right here. This is my campsite." The women was who decided she could park wherever she wanted was irate. She started screaming at me that she was handicapped and she could park wherever she wanted. She started screaming she was going to call her sons to "come and take care of this."

Now this is redneck country...and this women was all redneck. And I don't mean to belittle rednecks, because according to my wife I am one. But when she said she was calling her sons to take care of this, I knew it was going down. I immediately called the office and the manager came over and told the women that she couldn't park in my campsite. She was not happy with the situation but she ended up leaving. BTW, she was not what I would call handicapped by any means. She got around just fine. She didn't have handicapped stickers or plates on her vehicle and I saw her around the campground for the next few days.

Luckily nothing came of it...just boggles my mind how rude and self centered people can be some times. If she would have pulled up and said, "Hi, would you mind if I parked here for an hour or so while my grandson uses the playground? My knee is really bothering me..." I probably would have said, sure it's no problem. But to just pull into my spot...3 foot from the side of my camper and proclaim she can park wherever she wants...no. That's not cool.
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
2016 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Laramie, 6.7L Cummins
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
GONE:
2014 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi

Bisker
Explorer
Explorer
Steamguy wrote:

Having a big, friendly, enthusiastic dog is helpful, sometimes.

I have a 60 pound Catahoula who is NOT friendly, I never have issues with people cutting through my campsite.

Steamguy
Explorer
Explorer
I had this kid on a bike repeatedly come riding right through when I was sitting outside and trying to enjoy a little quiet with a book and a brew. So I went and got my Golden Retriever - who loves people far too much and wants to jump on them - and tied him to my waist. The next time the kid came riding through, I said in a gentle tone, "Don't ride through my space!!" And simultaneously the dog jumped at him; he was held back by the leash tied to me. He came up short, scared the kid to death, and the kid never came back.

Having a big, friendly, enthusiastic dog is helpful, sometimes.