cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How much off MSRP in this economy?

Jfresh
Explorer
Explorer
I have read in the past that people have got up to 30% off MSRP. With a msrp of 29000 I was shooting for 20%. The unit is a 2015 but they are only offering 17% off and I really feel that it is not the best I could do. I love the negotiations and am willing to walk at anytime. What do you think is fair. I am willing to leave a little meat on the bone but I just want to be in line with everyone else.
2015 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 3.73 4x4 Mega Cab, TOYO MT 4080LBS, Ride Rite Air Bags, Torklift SuperHitch and Tie Downs.
2015 Lance 865
23 REPLIES 23

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
My Lance dealer in Yakima was very fair. Price was super well below local Puget Sound dealers and then he didn't mark up any extras/options when we ordered. My premise when buying a car is to pay no more than 80% of asking/MSRP...no dealer add ons included.
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

nomadictxn
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, that willingness to walk has served me well over the years. I like to be fair, where everyone is happy though. I bet 30 percent still leaves some gristle in the knuckles.
nomadictxn
2013 RAM 1500 QC 5.7, 3.92 4x4 6 sp.
2021 Flagstaff E Pro 19FBS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
One good reason to buy now is dealers don't want rigs sitting on the lot all winter long while they have to make interest payments to the bank.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
You could ask to see the invoice, tell them you will pay $1000 over (or whatever). Keeping in mind of course that their invoice may not reflect what they actually pay.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
The economy is improving, the price of fuel is down and more people are retiring and buying RVs. The longer you wait (especially with spring coming) the less of a discount you're going to find. I'd buy now unless you're more into it for the haggling rather than actually buying.

Bill

What part of Canada do you hail from? Here in California we've been in the "Summer Of Recovery" since 2009 and in Obama's 2nd term since 2008. PM me as we all want to return to full-time jobs that pay good. ๐Ÿ™‚

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Over the past Labor Day weekend we purchased a 2015 Jayco Eagle. We got the dealer to take 33% off the MSRP.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The economy is improving, the price of fuel is down and more people are retiring and buying RVs. The longer you wait (especially with spring coming) the less of a discount you're going to find. I'd buy now unless you're more into it for the haggling rather than actually buying.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Add another dealer into the mix. Check out ads at Craigslist and rvtrader for comparisons.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Knock another 15 off and see what happens. The worst they can do is say no. OK, what do you need to make it work? MSRP is an arbitrary figure and a starting point for some arm rasslin'.