cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of bad smell

Fastbrit
Explorer
Explorer
My camper got out of hibernation this weekend after a long winter in Montreal. The warehouse had a very strong moisture odor that got impregnated in the camper.
Can you please give me advice on how to get rid of that smell? Every orifice in the Tc has been let open for the last 48 h without any major improvement.

Thanks Steve
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD. Timbrens all around, Bilstein shocks.
2014 Chalet TS116
18 REPLIES 18

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
If it is really bad, rent an ozone machine and leave it in there. They work in no more than 30 minutes.

Build your own ozone machine (I did) from information found on the Internet.

I ran in a "free" TC that was given to my son where the previous owner had smoked in the TC. Took longer than 30 minutes, but worked.

A good cleaning of all fabrics finished off the smell.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If it is really bad, rent an ozone machine and leave it in there. They work in no more than 30 minutes.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of baking soda, Fabreze are two good choices. Sprinkle baking soda on all soft surfaces, let it sit for a couple of days, vacuum up.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Fresh Wave that you can buy in various forms from Ace Hardware or others. Leave the jar open with all of the orifices open as well for several days. No guarantee but we like it.
It's going to take awhile because the smell has been building up for months and is behind the walls, inside the drawers, etc.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)