cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to keep a TC from being stolen when not on the truck?

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
How do you keep someone from backing their truck under your TC and hauling it off when it's on the jacks and you're not around?
35 REPLIES 35

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I would be more worried about my truck being lifted not the camper.
On my camper you have to activate a switch inside the tank valve compartment to get the jacks to work and that is always locked.
I guess they could hand crank them but that might raise suspicion among any other campers.

If I dropped it off out in the boonies for whatever reason and somebody attempted to heist it I always carry a firearm and I always carry a shovel.
Do the math.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a Stabile Lift on the old camper. It would be difficult to keep the camper on the truck with only half of the Stabile Lift system. The other half is attached to the frame under the truck.

Also, while we have done a lot of work to the inside of the camper and upgraded a lot of things that you can't easily see, the outside looks "rough". It looks like a ragged out 1994 Lance truck camper. With a redneck "back porch" added to it. And we like it like that.

I don't mind parking next to a shiny new looking truck camper. They will probably break into the shiny new looking rig before they break into mine.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
srschang wrote:
I don't worry about it.

This^^^^

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
I don't worry about it.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I will lower it down so it is more stable, that and a truck can't get under it. I have powered jacks. If someone wants it bad enough they can still break in and power up the jacks from inside if they find the remote and know what they are doing. If you are worried about that happening I would put a tracking device in the camper or an airtag at a minimum.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
take two of the jacks off.