Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntsman (of Chetopa) Serial Number look up: Where to find

Chull
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I'm seriously considering an Huntmans slide in Camper and would love to find out more info on it. (Owner has none as it was part of an estate.)
I've looked on the web but can find next to nothing about the Company, let alone a serial number lookup.
Any resources for such?

Thanks!

(Hey! I could find out all sort of info on my Double Bell Euphonium on the Net with its' serial number 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
My in laws had one back in the early 70's. It was a good camper. Pretty darn well built as I recall.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
Are you sure it is Huntmans and not Huntsman?

I was curious and spent some time searching. All I came up with was this:
http://books.google.de/books?id=uSADAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA136&ots=F4koyFLZs0&dq=huntsman%20camper%20factory...

According to the linked article, there was a Huntsman Co. in Pomona, CA which built campers in the early 60s.

IMO, production data for most manufacturers are pretty much nonexistent unless you can find the person who has the old records - if they exist at all. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though...
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I had one back in the late 60's it was great from what I can remember from those days, sorry I can't help you.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)