cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I want a second RV, either a Nash 17k or a 22H

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'm having a heck of a time trying to decide which one.

I like the couch/sofa in the 22H. I like the full pass through under-bed storage in the 17k.

Both are gen-ready.

Any input?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
48 REPLIES 48

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's better to get 2 foot itis before you buy instead of after a lot cheaper.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'm headed to the dealer again this morning.

The 22H would make a much more comfortable rig for long trips (several weeks or more) because of extra storage space, bigger closet (more clothes storage) and the sofa/couch for comfortable seating, especially if you were confined to the RV during bad weather.

The 17k has a small makeshift closet / pantry next to the fridge. The shelves can be removed.

The storage area next to the foot of the bed is only shelving.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
SkiMore wrote:
Do people install other generators in the generator compartment? Can you fit an EU2000 or EU3000 in there?

A 2000 would fit for storage purposes. I wouldn't run one in there, even with some sort of hokey exhaust mod like I've seen people fabricate.

EU3000 won't fit.

I had a similar gen compartment in my 21SW Desert Fox. I had no interest in an onboard gen since I had a Honda 2000 already. I used the gen box for general junk storage.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
I stopped at a dealer again yesterday and looked at both the 17K and 22H again.

The sales person said the AF/Nash 22H was and still is the biggest selling model.

The 17k has underbed storage accessible from both sides.

Overall length between the two is only about 2' in difference, but in the 2', you gain so much more in the 22H - sofa, bigger bathroom, huge closet in bathroom, and a lot more cabinet space (overhead).
Sounds like a 22H in your future.:W

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
Do people install other generators in the generator compartment? Can you fit an EU2000 or EU3000 in there?

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I stopped at a dealer again yesterday and looked at both the 17K and 22H again.

The sales person said the AF/Nash 22H was and still is the biggest selling model.

The 17k has underbed storage accessible from both sides.

Overall length between the two is only about 2' in difference, but in the 2', you gain so much more in the 22H - sofa, bigger bathroom, huge closet in bathroom, and a lot more cabinet space (overhead).

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
The 22H seems to be the most popular trailer from Nash / AF. AF used to make it as well, but they dropped it and it's only avaialble in a Nash model now.
Bob

DryHeat56
Explorer
Explorer
hondaCT90

Could not agree more with you. My 22H is a 1999 and is in wonderful condition. Everything works, we absolutely love the layout, all kinds of storage and I can take it anywhere in the backcountry. I do not know too much about the newer models of Nash, but I will also give a thumbs up to a great company.
1999 Nash 22H
2004 Ford Super Duty

hondaCT90
Explorer
Explorer
I am off topic just a tad on this thread, but I have to brag on Nash a bit...quality, layout, etc....only problem with my Nash 25ft is that it is a 1996..so it's looking dated and yet the thing is still in functionally wonderful condition.
we camp on average 15 trips someplace each year...many are just weekend runs..and often those are off grid...some trips are longer runs...12 hrs down into Florida from the Carolinas, just this Spring we did a Ga, Ala, to Arkansas and back...long 10 days
only upgrades we've done through the years was to a contemporary wide screen TV and had a reese welded on the back for my lil Honda Trail 90 motorbike..which btw, just made the camp trip up into the mountains to a lil placed called Bryson City (near Cherokee NC)...since the Nash has solid H-beams running from nose to butt...the camper is solid and the honda has tagged along now on a number of trips..including the long haul out to Arkansas.

We've had a microwave die, and a mouse get tangled up in our heater fan unit..but other than that, everything on the camper is 1996 and functions perfectly.
everytime we go browsing for new rigs, we compare the cabinet space, layout etc to our Nash (never mind the underbody on most "lite" models that seem to be missing a couple big pieces of steel comfort)..and we just have a hard time with the thought of payments vs enjoying our old faithful.
We would love a triple opposing slide 32ft rig..but there are a lot of times that it wouldn't even fit in the places we've gone...
guess reall, I just wanted to give a thumbs up to the folks at Nash and encourage you that in your shopping, you're looking at a good company

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Arctic Fox 31W and it has a Queen walkaround. Love that but wish we had a King. Trailer pulls like a sled but quality wise I love it. Best insulation I ever saw on a TT.

bmj11
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a full pass true under bed , look at the Lance 1575. THat what I have and I put my 2 bikes in it + all rest
Lance 1575

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I measured both trailers. The 17b is actually just under 19' long not including the tongue.

I wish the 18L was still made. I saw one in Ritzville, WA when I stopped for fuel yesterday.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I LOVED my old 22H. We outgrew it with 2 kids though. The front bed is only a full, but I added a piece of 2x12 on the floor and at bed height and a couple 2x4 studs so that the top of the 2x12 was flush with the bed and we put a queen bed in there. Loved it. Nash makes a great product. Good luck finding a larger bathroom in ANY trailer!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the looks of the 22H. I have a similar lay out in my TT. I agree that having the bathroom in the middle like the 17K has makes it seem small. I had a TT with a lay out similar to that too and I sold it to buy the one I now have.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had not looked for a while. The 22H is unchanged. Had a 19B and honestly it was really tight. If I had been smarter back then I would have gotten the 22H for the extra space.