cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Imagine tt by Grand Design

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at 2600RB. Has one 15K air. They show heavy insulation in this unit. Wondering how well they cool when it's really hot? Unit is about 29' box maybe 25'. Thanks in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
In high humidity areas,like the south east. You will want 2 A/C units.

x2
we live in north carolina and i can tell you from a lot of experience a single 15k btu will struggle when temps reach into the 90's unless you are parked in the shade.

around 80 degrees inside the rv is about what to expect. after the sun goes down it gets comfortable

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
In high humidity areas,like the south east. You will want 2 A/C units.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
sk734 wrote:
Looking at 2600RB. Has one 15K air. They show heavy insulation in this unit. Wondering how well they cool when it's really hot? Unit is about 29' box maybe 25'. Thanks in advance.

I was considering GD as well. After spending some time on the GD forum, mygrandrv.com, and seeing some youtube videos, i wont be buying one. What they claim on their website in terms of quality manufacturing and insulation, and what you actually get, are very different. Thereโ€™s a youtube video on a brand new 2019 that had a roof falling apart. I spoke to one owner who told me there is no insulation between the outside kitchen and the inside of the trailer.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
Well insulted is a relative thing. Still lousy compared to a sticks and bricks.
I would expect it to do alright up to the low 100's. After that, it's anybodys guess.

Agreed, you have to move up to something like a DRV mobile suite to get stick and brick style insulation, 3.25" thick walls vs 1-1.5" on most trailers.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
If it does not have double pane windows you should find a unit with them. Much better at keeping heat and cold out and not forming condensation, and much quieter also.

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your responses.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak to that make or model, but our trailer is 5' longer, with more windows and a bunk room in the back. We have a single 15k that has easily done the trick for 2 summer trips to central FL. It runs most of the time, but in the heavy humidity and 95 degree heat, it held at 72 in the rig with no problems.

If you are going to be in the AZ desert at 110+, that's a different issue. Some partial shade and humid 90's, however, has been no issue for us.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31 ft. fifth wheel with a lot more windows and interior cubes than that trailer and we do fine at a hundred degrees with a 15k air conditioner. Wait a minute.... we don't have humidity issues so we can be comfortable at 80. Plus, it always cools down at night. I'm beginning to think I don't know what I'm talking about!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Doesn't look like 50A or second AC is an option on that model. linkaroonie
Might be able to install one anyway but you'd want to make sure the roof can take it. Some can't.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are going to be in the south, I highly recommend having 2 AC units.

We spent this summer in Savannah and started with one AC unit. By memorial day we had the second unit installed. Thankfully, we had the 50amp service and 2nd AC prep from the factory.

It all depends on where you'll be, but I can tell you for sure you'll want 2 if you'll be anywhere in the heat!
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on both earlier responses.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Well insulted is a relative thing. Still lousy compared to a sticks and bricks.
I would expect it to do alright up to the low 100's. After that, it's anybodys guess.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Normally you can expect 20ยฐ below ambient.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman