cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inside Bike Storage

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
I am looking for a Travel Trailer with an outside door that leads to a fold up bunk bed area, you can store bicylcle inside while traveling. Anyone know of brand and model number for different ones I can look at?
15 REPLIES 15

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
Ours does but they don't make it anymore. We put bikes in the truck bed though.

The Starcraft launch 28bhs has a cargo door.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

SilverEscape
Explorer
Explorer
My Jacyo X213 has that feature. The bunks are 38" wide and then has a king slideout. The sofa flips into a bed easily as well. And of course the dinette can be turned into an uncomfy bed as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you're looking at used, note that Jayco changed from a queen bed that you had to climb over the other person, to a king size bed in 2010 I think it was.
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost

fugawi
Explorer II
Explorer II
HGL wrote:
If you don't mind driving towards the west coast...Outdoors RV - Timberridge 270 DBHS http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/timberridge/models/270DBHS.php

There are now 2 doors on the bunk model, with the second exit door across from the bunks and now a large access door on the "front" door side. We love having the cross access doors when the trailer is at home. If we park it on our driveway we have to use the rear door. If its parked in the storage driveway then we use the front door.

Good Luck in your search.

ps. we have put in tie downs anchors so that items don't "roll" during transport.

Here is an image of this floor plan. I was looking for solutions for inside bike storage too and thought this was one of the best I've seen.

HGL
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind driving towards the west coast...Outdoors RV - Timberridge 270 DBHS http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/timberridge/models/270DBHS.php

There are now 2 doors on the bunk model, with the second exit door across from the bunks and now a large access door on the "front" door side. We love having the cross access doors when the trailer is at home. If we park it on our driveway we have to use the rear door. If its parked in the storage driveway then we use the front door.

Good Luck in your search.

ps. we have put in tie downs anchors so that items don't "roll" during transport.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Lance 2185
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
Sunset creek by sunnybrook , I think its made by Winnebago now , 30 ft bunkhouse with cargo door rear passenger side I get 4 adult bikes in .,

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
My sig picture trailer does but I'm not sure if they make them that way anymore or not. I can put a lot of stuff back there. Two wood boxes, three bikes, a portable camping grill, water jugs, lawn chairs, cases of water and drinks. Works very well for us and keeps the bikes out of the weather while travelling. Only minor drawback is you have to unload the rear before you can settle in for the night. Have done it in the dark many times, but not a huge issue.
Sunset Creek 298 BH
check out the pics of the rear cargo area. Cavernous!
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Cotay
Explorer
Explorer
The Outback Terrain 230TRS as previously mentioned has the ramp. They also have the 250TRS that has a door on the port side that allows access to the fold up bunk for bike storage. The 230TRS has more room for bikes, but the 250TRS has a larger living area due to its dinette slide. I have the 250TRS and it works well for two adult bikes and several smaller childrens bikes.

jhudson64
Explorer
Explorer
Crossroads Zinger has a few floor plans.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
93Cobra2771 wrote:
Do what I did - use quick release skewers for the front tire on the bikes. Mount quick releases on the bottom of dinette seat. Flip dinette over when bicycles not on it.

Works great. I just wheel the bikes through the door and mount them up.
I already store a ton of stuff on the dinette seats. Currently, everything that we set-up outside like the chairs, screen house, folding table, carpet, etc. goes on the dinette seat area. They make trailers with large inside storage areas, I would like to check some out to see if I like them or not. Not that your idea wouldn't work, it's just not where I have my head at this time.

No problem - just didn't want you to constrain yourself to just that floorplan, as that can really limit your choices.

Carry on! ๐Ÿ™‚
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

kgarrett9999
Explorer
Explorer
The Keystone Passport 2920BH has cargo door on the street side bunk. The bunk swings up out of the way and you can get multiple bicycles in.

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
93Cobra2771 wrote:
Do what I did - use quick release skewers for the front tire on the bikes. Mount quick releases on the bottom of dinette seat. Flip dinette over when bicycles not on it.

I already store a ton of stuff on the dinette seats. Currently, everything that we set-up outside like the chairs, screen house, folding table, carpet, etc. goes on the dinette seat area. They make trailers with large inside storage areas, I would like to check some out to see if I like them or not. Not that your idea wouldn't work, it's just not where I have my head at this time.

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer

Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is this Outback:

and this one Outback Terrain:

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)