cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing Cover on Wet Trailer

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's been raining here every day for the past 3 weeks and I'm beginning to think I live in Seattle. I winterized my rig and parked it for the season weeks ago, but I have been reluctant to cover it while it's wet and raining. My wife isn't keen on the idea of walking on a slick wet roof, either.

The forecast calls for daily rain over the next two weeks, and at any time that precipitation may turn into snow. So my questions is, should I cover my trailer with it being wet from rain, try and hold out for a dry day, or just forego a cover altogether?

I have a three year old ADCO cover (unknown model) and this is my second season with it.
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
16 REPLIES 16

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Army11Bravo wrote:
I have a three year old ADCO cover (unknown model) and this is my second season with it.

If it's an ADCO then it's a breathable cover so any moisture will over time evaporate through the cover. What isn't breathable is your awning which is most likely vinyl and if it's wet is going to stay wet through the entire winter. I'd deploy the awning and wait for a long enough break in the weather so it can dry, then roll it back up, and install the cover. Your wife is right though - that roof will be slick.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,d wait ,you,d be holding all that moisture inside.