cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a "Pick any two" situation?

SunBirds
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this is the right place to ask this. My question is: Can all three of these (below) be used together conveniently and easily with 5th wheel attached to the hitch? Or is it a "Pick Any Two" situation?

1) TrailerSaver Hitch (BD3 or TS3)
2) RDS 71787 Aux Tan/Toolbox combo
3) a four-fold folding tonneau cover like the "G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover | 08-16 Ford F250/F350 8ft bed"

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the rear of the tonneau would have to be folded back twice to expose the hitch, and in doing so, one could not (easily) get to the auxiliary tank to fill it. Does anyone have a setup similar to this and if so, how well does it work. Thanks in advance.
Al & Deb
2017 Dutch Star 4369
2019 F150 Toad
3 REPLIES 3

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
SunBirds wrote:
Thanks. I'm looking into a retractable top; might maks everything work together better.

The retractables I've seen all retract into a rather large holding box at the front of the bed. This would prevent the installation of your tool box/auxiliary tank.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

SunBirds
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'm looking into a retractable top; might maks everything work together better.
Al & Deb
2017 Dutch Star 4369
2019 F150 Toad

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a BakFlip tri-fold cover on my truck. You are correct in that it needs to be folded twice to use the hitch. However, there are struts that hold it upright just behind the rear window of the cab for full bed access which would seem to make access to your auxiliary tank/tool box possible. I think mine is the FiberMax version of the Tonneau cover.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015