cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco TC Unknown Help Identify

DewLess
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought this TC Decals say Jayco Sportster 9.5 year unknown. I cannot find the Serial tag either . Tried calling Jayco , no live person, VM with no callback.
6 REPLIES 6

DewLess
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, a lot of time required . Retired but this has me thinkin I should go fishing and burn this turd.

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for the update!
A friend rebuilt a 1980-something Jayco a number of years ago. It was a lot of work.
It is not very difficult, but you need a dry place where you can work on the camper, it will not be as cheap as you hope, and it will take a lot longer than you anticipate. If you would rather travel during that time, you need to look for a better camper ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

DewLess
Explorer
Explorer
A friend here locally had information ,., It is an 1989, looks to be an uphill battle The previous owner or owners removed a lot of outside mldgs for whatever reason. The moldings I can figure out, The canvas has all been removed from topโ€” bottom is still attached. Just wadded up, he also removed the the retaining strips, looks to not mate up anywhere. So now you know dumbasses still remain who will buy junk with delusional dreams
Thank you for picture uploader link

DewLess
Explorer
Explorer
bare with me,, got called away from home

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
... and for posting photos in this forum, you can use http://photoposting.is-great.net/
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, youโ€™re not likely going to get anything useful out of Jayco. They stopped making truck campers at least 20 years ago, and the company was sold a few years ago to Thor.

But, the Sportster is a pop-up camper, correct? Post a picture of it or a link to a picture of it, and I might be able to give you a guesstimate. You may have to look at the manufacturing dates on the fridge, water heater, stove, etc. those are all likely to be original, and would have been made the same year or maybe the year prior to the camper.

I used to own one of their hard side truck campers, and really liked it. I was disappointed when they quit making them.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!