cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just added a Truck Camper!

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
We've had Travel Trailers, tent trailers (and here I really mean TENT) and truck campers. About 18 months ago we traded our Lance TC for a travel trailer because we wanted more space. While we've certainly enjoyed that space, we have found it limiting because many of the spots we used to enjoy are no longer available to us because we are too big.

So a few weeks ago we came on an opportunity to purchase a 20 year old Lance in great shape at a great price. Consequently we are now the proud owners of TWO RV's. The next trick is to see if I can fit them both in the driveway. ??

Interestingly the keys for the accessory compartments on the TT and the TC are the same even though they were manufactured 14 years apart.
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X
5 REPLIES 5

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our Truck Camper was by far our favorite RV of all.

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
BTPO1 wrote:
.... We actually had a lot more fun in the TC. JMO

Of course part of that could be 'cause you were 30 years younger! :B
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! You have accomplished my goal for RVs which is having both a TT and a TC. TT for luxurious family vacations. TC for selfish remote getaways where a TT just can't be taken. I want to have better high country remote access while towing my ATV trailer.

My biggest issue, I am not allowed to store my TT, or even a TC, on my driveway. I would have to build a fence to partially block the TC which would work but my TT needs to be stored offsite.
I love me some land yachting

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I know the feeling, we still have our old 1985 Lance 900. Was going to give to son, but I have been thinking of fixing it and using it again as there are places the MH can't go. We actually had a lot more fun in the TC. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

jasult
Explorer
Explorer
great story!
Yes many keys fit lots of rv's :h
Jim & Georgeanne + Lucie the beagle
"excavator" on the DieselStop.Com
1999 F350 CC LB Hydra chip