cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had a brainstorm - how about a survey!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a brainstorm when reading through the posts here.

So here's my question. We have two groups of folks on these forums: Those who exclusively blow out their water lines when winterizing and those who use the "pink stuff". For purposes of this survey, if you use a combination of blow and pink, you're still using the pink stuff.

Here's my curiosity: Is it because of the pink-stuff (taste, chemicals, or whatever) you do not drink from your own system?

So here's the survey question:

Do you "blow-out" or "pink-up" to winterize. And the second response, when you have de-winterized your system in the spring, do you drink or not drink from your camper?

If you do not drink from your own camper's water system, why?

Let's have fun folks, no jabbing each other, please?

I'll start:

Pink-up and drink. (I'm too old and too cheap to buy bottled water so I drink - but I did buy an in-line water filter this year too)
129 REPLIES 129

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Blow, pink, sanitize, never drink! (bad stomach - carry bottled water from our own well at home and we do sanitize the bottles before filling).
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

tll
Explorer
Explorer
Pink, sanitize in spring, drink.
2015 Starcraft 299BHU
2011 Jayco X23J(sold)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Pink stuff and so not drink. Do not drink because I do not like air temperature water. We fill jugs with campground water and each are responsible for refilling our own bottles that are kept in the refrigerator.

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
All of the TT's I have owned over the years....

I don't blow out the lines, but do winterize with pink, then sanitize in the spring with a bleach mixture, but still don't drink. LOL. I guess we just like the taste of bottled water better, and it's ice cold out of the refridge.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Pink stuff only, don't drink....
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
Since we just bought our TT this fall, this winter will be my first time winterizing. But I've decided that I'm going to blow out the lines, put in the pink, and yes, we do drink from the TT's water system.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pink, drink, sanitize once in a while.

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Blow, No Drink.

Got used to carrying water for the show dogs and continue even though we no longer show.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I just had a brainstorm when reading through the posts here.

So here's my question. We have two groups of folks on these forums: Those who exclusively blow out their water lines when winterizing and those who use the "pink stuff". For purposes of this survey, if you use a combination of blow and pink, you're still using the pink stuff.

Here's my curiosity: Is it because of the pink-stuff (taste, chemicals, or whatever) you do not drink from your own system?

So here's the survey question:

Do you "blow-out" or "pink-up" to winterize. And the second response, when you have de-winterized your system in the spring, do you drink or not drink from your camper?

If you do not drink from your own camper's water system, why?

Let's have fun folks, no jabbing each other, please?

I'll start:

Pink-up and drink. (I'm too old and too cheap to buy bottled water so I drink - but I did buy an in-line water filter this year too)

There are more than those two groups.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
Let the dealer put in the pink stuff, while I drink.

gates59
Explorer
Explorer
I blow out my lines first and then add the pink stuff. I never drink the water from the tanks. I never carry my own water in the tanks and don't trust the water at some parks. I always carry a 5 gallon jug of my own tap water to drink and make coffee. No bottle water for me.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Blow, vodka, blow again, then when dewinterizing, sanitize and drink.

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
Use the pink cool aid, bleach Sanitize and have a filter system. we drink it from the tank.
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

2milesup
Explorer II
Explorer II
No blow, pink, don't drink. I would probably drink from the tap, but DW always brings bottled water.
Jerry & Lori
2011 Chevy 1500 5.3L Z71 4X4
2015 Lance 2285
Andersen Sway Control, Prodigy, Honda EU2000i, empty wallet

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 Hi, I never winterize and never drink from the tank.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400