cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just pulled the trigger on a 2011 80GS.

Mike008
Explorer
Explorer
Not a smoking deal at $11K, but it's clean and a done deal. I'm picking it up Saturday. I ordered Torklift tie downs, but I won't have them in time. I plan to attach it to the truck for the 100 mile trip with multiple ratcheting straps. I'm looking forward to not freezing my ass off on my future off-roading trips.:C
29 REPLIES 29

Mike008
Explorer
Explorer
TCBob wrote:
Use to live in South Jersey 25+ yrs ago, fond memories of tent camping out in the pines.....

Cool, I spend a lot of time in the Pines. The off-road club I belong to is in South Jersey.

jimh425 wrote:
Nice looking combo. What brand tiedowns are you going with?

I ordered everything Torklift. I also ordered an electric jack conversion after I spent a 1/2 hour getting it off the truck. What a PIA!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
just an fyi do an edit and just after .jpg add a space and type in width=800 before the closing bracket to meet forum picture width requirements

.jpg width=800
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. I also have an Adventurer (2013 89RB). It's my second Adventurer.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

TCBob
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking rig, congrats! We end up using our all year long. Just back from football weekend. Grandson had Friday night game about 3 hrs away. We got to sleep in our bed, with no hassels. .Then some sight seeing on the way home! Great for those spontaneous quick get aways. AND the short TC was perfect. Stopped for linch at great view spot... and watched the storm waves crashing on coast.

Use to live in South Jersey 25+ yrs ago, fond memories of tent camping out in the pines.....bet there are a bunch of great boondocking spots there! One day we hope to do the cross country thing, and explore some of those old stompin grounds!

BTW the great thing about off season, many of the cool camping stops are wide open! Not jam packed, like summer mths.

Have fun, and enjoy!
2004 S&S 8.5 SC Ponderosa
1999 Ford F-350 4X4 7.3-PSD DRW

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice looking combo. What brand tiedowns are you going with?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Mike008
Explorer
Explorer
Just occurred to me, the site I used to host the picture requires a log in to view pics. So I may be the only one to see the pic. So I hosted it somewhere else. :S

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Must have missed this the first time, congrats and GOOD advice for newbies.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Enjoy your new camper and extended ATV trips!
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Mike008
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here it is. I hardly felt it on the truck. The 7' width make it very easy to see around. I won't need different mirrors. And as I suspected, I won't need a hitch extension for my trailer. It is really clean. It's perfect for 1 guy for a few days.

I learned a few things already about truck campers.

1) If you buy one used, do not pay for it until it has been successfully removed from the sellers truck. If he damages it, it's still yours. Nothing happened, but it was a little stressful as the seller had some difficulties getting his truck out from under it.

2) Buy one with electric jacks or plan to convert. I can't believe how long it takes to load and unload with a drill. And it seems like all 4 jacks lifting or lowering at the same time would put a lot less stress on the camper and jacks. I already order the kit to convert.

So I've got 1 four wheeling trip planned in November, then I will be putting it away until April. 😞

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new to you camper!.. and welcome to the forum! Enjoy!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

lonegunman
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at new Adventurer and the build quality was excellent, safe drive and post a few pics when you are done setting it up.

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, drive safe home and ENJOY!
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

nomadictxn
Explorer
Explorer
Ratchet straps will get it home. Get out and check them every once in a while. Enjoy the camper!
nomadictxn
2013 RAM 1500 QC 5.7, 3.92 4x4 6 sp.
2021 Flagstaff E Pro 19FBS

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know much about Adventurers, but if it's in good shape, that seems pretty good. Congrats!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and Enjoy
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010