cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just said good bye to my F350

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
A sad day today, my F350 V10 just sold. Due to limited driveway space and new local restrictions on bigger trucks the beast had to go.

The new owner is going to get one heck of a good tow vehicle.

Dependable, bullet proof, just a solid truck.

We just did a 3000km trip from Winnipeg to Wisconsin Dells and back with lots of side trips over the last 2 weeks. Just set the speed, hit the cruise and not worry. It kept up to any traffic and towed like a dream. First time in the 4 years I have had it that we took a big trip on the interstates. 23 to 32 L/100km depending on headwind and vehicle speed.

I had very sad emotions to see it for the last time but with the new F150 now in town at the local rail yard waiting to be unloaded, it was time.

Actually great timing. The dealership is lending me a vehicle until mine is ready to pick up which hopefully is only a few days.

It's truly amazing how much emotion we invest in these depreciating assets made of tin, plastic, and rubber...
Spree 318bhs. Blue Ox Sway Pro WD hitch.
Primary tow vehicle 2015 F150 super crew, 5.0 V8.
34 REPLIES 34

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Fordlover wrote:
Shogun wrote:
It is our provincial licensing body Manitoba Public Insurance that is the issue. Not a HOA.

The truck has a GVWR of 11000 lbs. That places it locally in the same licensing category of highway tractor trailers.

Current requirements beyond normal vehicle licensing:
- Yearly government inspections.
- Need to carry special fire extinguisher, flares, road markers, etc. (not a bad idea)
- special insurance categories with additional insurance riders and policies to travel out of province.

Future requirements:

- Special plates, more regulations coming this fall.

Potential requirements:

- yearly government medical exams at owners cost.

All this just to tow a travel trailer a few times per year...

Do they also come into your bedroom at night and give you play by play tips on how to keep the wife happy? good grief.

And some locales in this country do the same thing. There was a story about a guy in Syracuse NY that ended up moving as his HOA forbid having pickup trucks parked in a driveway.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Yep I do [COLOR=]NOT have a problem with rules governing how you must keep your property. As long as they are voted on and there is a committee or governing body. Otherwise you will have a dirt bag with junk piled a mile high grass a foot tall engine hang from a tree limb and on and on. If people could act like civilized human beings we wouldn't need rules.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
brirene wrote:
Whaaat? Local restrictions dictate your choice of vehicle? That's a new one on me. Might make me glad I live in the middle of nowhere.

Exactly my thoughts. I would move before I'd let some HOA determine what size vehicle I could have.
This is part of the reason we have rules.

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Shogun wrote:
It is our provincial licensing body Manitoba Public Insurance that is the issue. Not a HOA.

The truck has a GVWR of 11000 lbs. That places it locally in the same licensing category of highway tractor trailers.

Current requirements beyond normal vehicle licensing:
- Yearly government inspections.
- Need to carry special fire extinguisher, flares, road markers, etc. (not a bad idea)
- special insurance categories with additional insurance riders and policies to travel out of province.

Future requirements:

- Special plates, more regulations coming this fall.

Potential requirements:

- yearly government medical exams at owners cost.

All this just to tow a travel trailer a few times per year...

Do they also come into your bedroom at night and give you play by play tips on how to keep the wife happy? good grief.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Funny it was the Ford mafia troll boy that started the BS, as it always is.

Don

Can we give you an award? Well put.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Funny it was the Ford mafia troll boy that started the BS, as it always is.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Better than network tv.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
up2nogood wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Yep.... A story like this is a sign the owner had a good truck.

As for another brand I had a big grin when it was unloaded and replaced with another Super Duty. :B

How about the happy day I got rid of my Superduty ,and went to a Ram

How about I clarify that truck that got unloaded was a 05 Dodge cummins. Now that POS is gone my phone has rang but one time needing a repair. :W

You didn't need to clarify you are an open book .

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
Well it still seems the stories between the different truck is only a ford dodge deal. chev owners don't seem to care what others think as I feel this way because it is my money that buys any truck we have owned. Great trucks are being made at this time. But no great enough to give up our 05 chev dually.

chevman

You obviously care enough to spend time to type this post. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Well it still seems the stories between the different truck is only a ford dodge deal. chev owners don't seem to care what others think as I feel this way because it is my money that buys any truck we have owned. Great trucks are being made at this time. But no great enough to give up our 05 chev dually.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
spud1957 wrote:
Feel bad for the OP. Hard to get rid of a truck you love.

Now what I don't understand is why all the Ram boys always want every thread to be about their Ram. :?

WHO CARES!!!!

Probably has something to do with being in the "RAM Mafia" like another RAM owner has reported here. :R

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Feel bad for the OP. Hard to get rid of a truck you love.

Now what I don't understand is why all the Ram boys always want every thread to be about their Ram. :?

WHO CARES!!!!
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
up2nogood wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Yep.... A story like this is a sign the owner had a good truck.

As for another brand I had a big grin when it was unloaded and replaced with another Super Duty. :B

How about the happy day I got rid of my Superduty ,and went to a Ram

How about I clarify that truck that got unloaded was a 05 Dodge cummins. Now that POS is gone my phone has rang but one time needing a repair. :W

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
7k 32' kz spree.
Spree 318bhs. Blue Ox Sway Pro WD hitch.
Primary tow vehicle 2015 F150 super crew, 5.0 V8.