cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping it in the family-first photo

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
So, I've been on this forum for what seems like forever, and I've never posted a picture. My dad recently decided he had a bit of money burning a hole in his pocket, so he ordered a new 2019 Ford F350 Lariat. 6.7 diesel, crew cab short bed, most of the bells and whistles but not quite all of them. The truck on the left is what the F350 is replacing, and I couldn't let him trade it in. Right now I don't need a truck but I couldn't pass this up so I bought it. It's a 2000 F250, 7.3 diesel with the 6 speed manual. I helped him spec this truck when he bought it new, and it will be perfect for when I own an RV again. It's got 163,000 miles with no major mechanical work done. In fact, it's on the original clutch which I know I will likely have to address. I drove it home from Montana pulling a dump trailer with 2 cords of firewood, and while it's no speed demon like the new truck, it pulled like a freight train on the hills and returned about 14 mpg. Future plans include possibly a mild tune and new paint, and in the next couple years I hope to be towing a travel trailer or possibly a 12K GVWR fifth wheel.

2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3
15 REPLIES 15

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, to both of you. :C
I'd be very happy with the F-250.