cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

boggsryan
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone!
Well, I did it, I am picking up my new Premier 31bhpr tomorrow. My decision on the Premier was largely based on the comments on this forum. So, thanks!
My biggest concern was all the comments on the axle bending. I asked the dealer and he said for 2013 they went to a 3 inch Dexter axle instead of the 2 inch. He isn't sure that will eliminate the problem yet but he thinks it will. Time will tell.
Also, the outdoor TV no longer has the swivel function so you need a seperate TV for the bunkhouse. But, with 19 inch flat screens not much over a hundred bucks these days, I see this as an advangtage. The tv hookup is there in the bunk house but no tv. There is a tv in the outdoor kitchen.
Mods I am having the dealer do for me before delivery:
I am having the dealer install slide toppers for me. I park under pine trees a bunch and really need something here. I wish Keystone would offer them because they are rather expensive to have locally installed but I really do feel I need this.
I am also having a fantastic fan vent with Max Air covers installed in the main vent.
I need a receiver hitch installed on the back so I can carry by Bubba Keg (Big kettle charcoal cooker, heavy!). This is not just bumper mounted, I am having a regular hitch installed to the frame so it can carry the 100 pound weight. I can also use it for a hitch hauler to carry the generator or a bike rack.
Since the outdoor kitchen does not come with a grill mount (it only has a 2 burner propane stove with one gas port), I am having one installed for my Weber Q100. They are modifying the mount so it can take the Weber instead of the RVQ which I have heard very bad things about. The Weber is a really nice small gas grill. The dealer said I can get a 2 port gas adapter from the local propane shop and a hose made up to adapt the Weber. I do have to figure out how to remove the regulator form the Weber, but it must be easy as I have seen numerous posts on this subject.
The dealer has been a pleasure to work with so far. I will let you all know how it goes after tomorrow and hopefully I can figure out how to post some pictures after I bring her home.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I took the ring around where the cord comes out the side to reach in there before, that might be easier than trying to get to the knot on the inside. It's 3 screws I think.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
jasoncw wrote:
Nice job Greg! I was debating doing that as well, but I wasn't sue how difficult it was to run a wire there.

I have a question that hopefully someone here has experience with. My dw coiled up the power cord the last time we were out, and now there's a huge kink/knot in it. How difficult is I to get to that storage space? I removed the access panel below the fuse box only to be disappointed that you cannot get to it from there. The only way I see is to remove the entire fuse panel. Any suggestions? I can get the cord only about half way out. I worked on it for about a half hour with no luck.

Thanks! It was actually easy to fish the wire through. I straightened a wire coat hanger and put it from the vent opening through the ceiling over towards the microwave. I then cut about a 1/2 inch hole and wiggled the hangar until I saw it over the hole. I then taped the wires to the end and pulled the hangar back out of the vent opening.

Good luck with the power cord. Mine got caught as well but it was easy to access with my floorplan. It is under the little table between the two rockers in the back. Just removed a few screws and I was all set.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job Greg! I was debating doing that as well, but I wasn't sue how difficult it was to run a wire there.

I have a question that hopefully someone here has experience with. My dw coiled up the power cord the last time we were out, and now there's a huge kink/knot in it. How difficult is I to get to that storage space? I removed the access panel below the fuse box only to be disappointed that you cannot get to it from there. The only way I see is to remove the entire fuse panel. Any suggestions? I can get the cord only about half way out. I worked on it for about a half hour with no luck.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the pics of my vent fan install.

Removed the baffle and ran a power wire

Close up of the power wire

Fan partially installed

Finished!
Greg and J

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:

I too have thouht of doing this as the Bullet could really use a vent fan in the main living area. I think it'll help a lot with keeping the air moving and not have to constantly run the AC. Greg, do you have pictures you can post?

I can post some pictures later this afternoon. I took a few but not too many. I already put the microwave back so I cannot take pics of where I tied in. The microwave came out very easily, just unscrew the 4 screws on the face and there is an outlet behind it where it was plugged in. Below the microwave is a pan that can be removed with 2 screws. Below the pan is the wiring going to and from the range vent hood as well as a wire going to a 120V outlet under the cabinet. Just be sure to use the wire going to the vent hood and not the outlet!
Greg and J

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Yesterday I posted about putting a vent fan in the kitchen vent. After work I ended up running a wire to power the fan. I was able to fish the wire from the vent through the ceiling to just above the microwave. I removed the microwave and accessed the wire, where I tapped into a constant 12V wire going to the light above the sink. After work today I plan on installing the fan. I am using a Vortex brand fan.

I too have thouht of doing this as the Bullet could really use a vent fan in the main living area. I think it'll help a lot with keeping the air moving and not have to constantly run the AC. Greg, do you have pictures you can post?
"Onward thru the fog!"

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I posted about putting a vent fan in the kitchen vent. After work I ended up running a wire to power the fan. I was able to fish the wire from the vent through the ceiling to just above the microwave. I removed the microwave and accessed the wire, where I tapped into a constant 12V wire going to the light above the sink. After work today I plan on installing the fan. I am using a Vortex brand fan.
Greg and J

FensterRV
Explorer
Explorer
Also, QUESTION: I'm going to be hosting an NFL guy only camping night and my question is this. If I take a splitter from where the cable outlet is at the campground and run the normal cable to the Bullet and another one to an outside flats screen HDTV, do you think the quality of the TV reception will suffer?
I would like both TV's running but ultimately the bigger screen is more important.
Thanks.
2011 Bullet Premier 31BHPR with comfort package
Pro Pride Hitch w/ Prodigy P2.
Steadyfast Stabilizers
Pulled by "Big Daddy", aka 2000 Ford Excursion.

FensterRV
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Sabre,

Ah, here is some convo, lol.
What did you use to clean up the Bullet ? I'm going to use a cleaner wax and see how that comes out. I tried to buy a new propane cover from Amazon that was light brown in color, to match better, and look less weathered, however it was just too large and I have to return it.
Steadyfast Stabilizers

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
no time to post, too busy camping in the Bullet.

We've added a few more little things, just got back from one week trip to Wisconsin. Shined up the camper on the weekend and it looks brand new again.

Still love the Bullet premier!!!
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I just haven't done any camping or anything this year, we had a baby boy in June so he has kept us busy and I can't talk my wife into taking him camping yet. We are supposed to go Labor Day weekend to the Kansas City area.
I put teh TT on a site at the famcamp here on base last week for a night just to mess around in it during lunch time and to run the water and everything.

I noticed the AC was making a loud sound when you close the main vent, it sounded like air going through a loose piece of tape, and that's what it was,the HVAC tape was un-stuck and the cold air was blowing into the attic area instead of all of it going through the ducts. No telling how long it has been doing it, I sealed it up real good with good tape now it is quieter and more air blows out of the ducts than it ever has!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I miss reading them too, but I admit, I do not post much either. I was actually thinking of poking around in the trailer after work. I want to see if I can fish some wires and install a fan in the vent above the kitchen.

I have been doing alot of camping this summer. I had it in a campground from June 30th to Aug 8th this summer with full hookup and went on my days and nights off. It was only 15 mins from my house and work so it was great. Three days after pulling it out there I went for a week on Cape Cod. It is now home as of yesterday and I am ready to do some tinkering and maintenance before my favorite camping season, FALL!
Greg and J

FensterRV
Explorer
Explorer
Its sad to see this group of Bullet owners slowly die. I remember the day of a ton of posts to read! Couple of random notes as I just returned from a great trip @ Lake George. The chrome caps on my rims are starting to slowly show signs of surface rust. I need to replace them. I was thinking of ordering a back up set of cushions around my dining table as my 2 year old is working on staining them with everyone food possible. That's about it for now.
Steadyfast Stabilizers

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
As I was shaving this morning and dripping water all over the edge of the sink and floor because I can't lean over the sink far enough without hitting the mirror, I thought about removing the medicine cabinet and mounting it over the toilet, then put a flat mirror on the wall where the cabinet is. It would give much more room to lean over the sink, and the mirror would be bigger. The cabinet would still be within reach if you need something out of it.

Has anyone remmoved that cabinet before? Just looks like 4 screws holding it.

We have not removed it, but it sure is in the way! One of the few small things about the Bullet that is poor design.
"Onward thru the fog!"