cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

pjinthedaks
Explorer
Explorer
We moved up from a Coleman Niagara to the 19FBPR and absolutely love it! The only thing we miss are the expansive windows in the Niagara. I can't get you exact measurements right now but would estimate that it is about the equivalent of a full size bed, maybe a little larger. My daughter-in-law slept on it with our granddaughter this summer and they had plenty of room.

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
We just sold our pop-up today and plan to buy a light-weight trailer within the next 9 months and the 19FBPR is on our short list. Can any owners of that model out there tell me what the size of the U-dinette is? (Not the table, I mean from cushion end to end so we get an idea of how big the bed would end up being?) It'll be mostly just the two of us that are camping, but we might have some company on the odd occasion.

Sue
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

NoDakAFRVr
Explorer
Explorer
mom2countrykids wrote:
We (2 adults 5 kids) just got home from 10 days camping in our bunkhouse. We spent 2 days and 3 nights in Palo Dura Canyon, then moved on to our favorite campground and camping place in the world, SIERRA BONITA We stayed there for a full week, then back for one more night in Palo Dura Canyon.

Fishing was great for those that fish in Coyote Creek. My dh got to see the bear he has been wanting to see for as long as we have been going up there.

When we were packing up in NM we had an issue with the bunkhouse slide not coming in all the way. We have had this issue one other time. It finally came all the way in. This time we discovered that when we took all the jacks out it came in easy. Mental note to ourselves is jacks out first.

We also have trouble closing the outdoor kitchen, but when jacks are out it works fine. Dh is considering jacks or stabilizers in the middle to see if that solves the problem. He has double checked the kids aren't getting the stabilizers to tight. It just seems to be to long a span between the middle and the back. He wants to put a stabilizer in the middle to see if this solves the problem.

One of the mods we had made that we really like is we took the bottom bunk and the trunnel out and put three Shikibuton Tri fold Foam Beds 3" Thick X 27" Wide X 75" Long in that spot. They fill that area if you fold out all three. but it gives us one more bed back there, or two with space between them. They fold up and fit perfect in the bunk spot. The kids say they are really comfortable. These are big kids adult size. I will try to get pictures once we get it clean and de-cluttered from camping.

We as well have had the issue with the kitchen not closing easily (or opening easily) for that matter when the jacks are deployed. I posted on one of these sites awhile back about it, but not much in the way of how to fix it. Curious to see if this post gets anyone else that's had the issue and how they fixed it.
~Em & Mike
Baby O :Z

2013 Outback 250RS
2012 Keystone Premier 31BHPR

2007 Dodge Megacab 2500 Cummins
2007 GMC 1500 Sierra
<2012 many many years of tenting it!

mom2countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
We (2 adults 5 kids) just got home from 10 days camping in our bunkhouse. We spent 2 days and 3 nights in Palo Dura Canyon, then moved on to our favorite campground and camping place in the world, SIERRA BONITA We stayed there for a full week, then back for one more night in Palo Dura Canyon.

Fishing was great for those that fish in Coyote Creek. My dh got to see the bear he has been wanting to see for as long as we have been going up there.

When we were packing up in NM we had an issue with the bunkhouse slide not coming in all the way. We have had this issue one other time. It finally came all the way in. This time we discovered that when we took all the jacks out it came in easy. Mental note to ourselves is jacks out first.

We also have trouble closing the outdoor kitchen, but when jacks are out it works fine. Dh is considering jacks or stabilizers in the middle to see if that solves the problem. He has double checked the kids aren't getting the stabilizers to tight. It just seems to be to long a span between the middle and the back. He wants to put a stabilizer in the middle to see if this solves the problem.

One of the mods we had made that we really like is we took the bottom bunk and the trunnel out and put three Shikibuton Tri fold Foam Beds 3" Thick X 27" Wide X 75" Long in that spot. They fill that area if you fold out all three. but it gives us one more bed back there, or two with space between them. They fold up and fit perfect in the bunk spot. The kids say they are really comfortable. These are big kids adult size. I will try to get pictures once we get it clean and de-cluttered from camping.

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
Baunno- if I lose any I will have to remember that! Did you get the clear slide with the clear panel too or just the clear slide half?

I got the the two piece. I also like the mod somebody else mentioned about making plexiglass panels to fit over the screens on the door.
"Onward thru the fog!"

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Baunno- if I lose any I will have to remember that! Did you get the clear slide with the clear panel too or just the clear slide half?
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
I got both items on Amazon. It was under 30.00 total for the clear slide and gutter extensions.

I just ordered one for our TT. It was around $15 bucks.

As for the gutter spout extensions, I found this little trick a few years ago and must say the cloths pins really do work!
"Onward thru the fog!"

jcgib81
Explorer
Explorer
I put clear plexigless on the main door with heavy duty white velcro. aallows you to keep the door open and see with the a/c and heat on. One of my favorite mods. I think I used the luan its cheaper.
2012 Keystone Premier 31BHPR (Blue Body Paint)
2011 GMC Yukon XL Denali Equalizer WD
DW,DS,DD

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I got both items on Amazon. It was under 30.00 total for the clear slide and gutter extensions.
Greg and J

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
I did two simple mods to my Premier 28RLPR. First was I replaced the white plastic slide on the back screen door with a clear set. The white plastic always seems to be right in my line of sight when sitting in the rockers in the back. The second mod was I placed the clip on gutter extensions on the short gutter spouts. Hopefully they will direct the water away to help minimize the black streaks!

Hi Greg, Where did you get the clear door slide?
and has anybody retrofitted the screens with clear plastic?
"Onward thru the fog!"

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I did two simple mods to my Premier 28RLPR. First was I replaced the white plastic slide on the back screen door with a clear set. The white plastic always seems to be right in my line of sight when sitting in the rockers in the back. The second mod was I placed the clip on gutter extensions on the short gutter spouts. Hopefully they will direct the water away to help minimize the black streaks!

Greg and J

PSUCamper
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
Thanks! Ours is drivers side also. I knew I had read something somewhere. Ours is locked so that won't help. We tightened it a little so we will see. If we do notice something I'll post so it might help others. Happy camping!

I have a 31BHPR and I have had issues with water getting in my storage doors in the past. The issue, for me, was the weather stripping/rubber seal was not installed properly. It was placed too high in the one corner and was not providing a good seal when the storage door was shut. No issues since i aligned the strip better.

May not be your issue, but I thought I would share.

EDIT: Well it looks like I should have read the last couple of posts before I responded. Clearly, this is fairly common problem.

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Huskerdude wrote:
coobrey wrote:
Just FYI

I have a 31bhpr and during a complete downpour here we had leaking in the main slide. I wasn't parked completely level, the driver side was a bit higher. But the issue wasn't necessarily just that as the bunkhouse slide did not leak at all. The issue was the seal on the top of the main slide. There are two rubber flaps that did not lay out correctly and were stuck in the position I would think they would be in when the slide was out. I took a long stick when the slide was in and repositioned the rubber flaps to their correct position and all was well after that.

Looks like slide toppers next season
Had the exact same issue on our 28RLPR, but it only happened once. Looked at the inside rubber flap and the rubber had pulled thru the screws,wasn't down flat and there wasn't many screws holding the flap to the sidewall. Added washers to the screws and put more screws along the way.Looks like laziness on the factory end !!! No issues since but I always check it now !!

We've got the base Bullet 281 BHS but I assume the rubber flaps are identical on the slides. Our rubber flaps on our slide are getting stuck, with one end of a flap folded in and the other end folded out with a resulting small gap in the middle of the flap. It's happening on the sides and on the bottom (and probably up on top but I'm just not seeing it). Maybe I'm just being picky but it seems like it shouldn't be happening. Someone on another post about slides mentioned cleaning the rubber flap seals as a fix. I wondering about putting some "303" cleaner on the them also.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Huskerdude
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
Just FYI

I have a 31bhpr and during a complete downpour here we had leaking in the main slide. I wasn't parked completely level, the driver side was a bit higher. But the issue wasn't necessarily just that as the bunkhouse slide did not leak at all. The issue was the seal on the top of the main slide. There are two rubber flaps that did not lay out correctly and were stuck in the position I would think they would be in when the slide was out. I took a long stick when the slide was in and repositioned the rubber flaps to their correct position and all was well after that.

Looks like slide toppers next season
Had the exact same issue on our 28RLPR, but it only happened once. Looked at the inside rubber flap and the rubber had pulled thru the screws,wasn't down flat and there wasn't many screws holding the flap to the sidewall. Added washers to the screws and put more screws along the way.Looks like laziness on the factory end !!! No issues since but I always check it now !!
:B Huskerdude, Mrs. Huskerdude 2017 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST310RL, 2005 F150 XLT Crewcab, 5.4 liter, tow package

Huskerdude
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
We are still at our seasonal site with our 28rlpr and love it. We've simply have had the best luck with our TT. One thing we noticed recently is a slight leak in our storage compartment door, only one side. The concern is a few drops can become a puddle and something we certainly don't want, especially if we aren't here to watch it. The TT looks to be as level as it can be. The seal looks good and we've tightened the lock areas. Didn't someone else here have a similar issue and solved it? What was your secret? Even though the seal looks good maybe we should replace it. Ideas?
Same problem here !!! Told dealer about it and they gave me some sealant to put around the door where it meets the framework. And keep it locked !! Problem solved !!
:B Huskerdude, Mrs. Huskerdude 2017 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST310RL, 2005 F150 XLT Crewcab, 5.4 liter, tow package