cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Great job. Nice Premier too! I wish we were expecting those temperatures in MA this week!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I inserted pictures in my post but they are not showing up.
\

I edited and put links and that worked ok. :h

Never-mind, I finally figured out what I was doing wrong ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
Did a simple mod today in my 29RTPR. Removed the 26" TV and mount and moved it to the bedroom

Then I installed a 42" LED backlight TV in its place. This is the mount I used.

First I put the mounting panel on the TV and measured the distance from the the mount to the top of the TV. (6.5 in.) Then I held the mount in place in the TV enclosure and stretched the arm so the center of the mounting panel was centered in the enclosure and measured 7" down from bottom of the cabinet doors to the top of the mount panel for clearance. It worked out that when the mount plate was centered the mount frame was flush with the left wall of the enclosure

Behind the wall there is a piece of 1/2 " plywood glued that provided extra support for the original TV mount, however there is a gap of little over 2" from where it ends and the left wall. I glued a piece of 2X2 to the back of the wall to fill it in. The mount is then held in place with 2 1/2" lag screws. This is what it looks like when finished.

The bottom of the TV just clears the top of the dials on the AM/FM DVD player. My TV frame measures 25 1/4 ' top to bottom, and the TV is 2 1/4" thick.
When the slide rooms are in there is about 1 " clearance between the TV and the back side of the wall. The original tie down strap just fits when it is extended all the way.

This is what it looks like sitiing in the recliner
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
mom2countrykids wrote:
We also did sliding drawers. I think there are some pictures already posted back about a year on this thread. Not sure if you can search my name and come up with them. I will try and retake some. They work great.

Now that I think about it, I believe I saw those awhile back. I'll have to revisit it and dig back. Do you miss the use of the full space within the cabnet due to the face trim around the door opening? I know these Premiers have maximum storage so perhaps its not an issue.
"Onward thru the fog!"

mom2countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
We also did sliding drawers. I think there are some pictures already posted back about a year on this thread. Not sure if you can search my name and come up with them. I will try and retake some. They work great.

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
Not necissarily. We picked up some LED battery lighting from Wal-mart that can be attached to the top of the pantry that lights it just fine. Wish I would've gone the pull out shelf route, but none-the-less, the LED lighting works just fine.

Walmart's LED Lighting

baunno wrote:
SabreCanuck wrote:
baunno wrote:
Lighting in the Pantry
This may have already been discussed in this forum and if it has my apologies so please guide me to the discussion.

As Premier owners we all know the pantry is dark. I often use a flashlight to find things and want to light it with LED rope lighting. I'd like to use a plunge switch to turn it on and off, like a refrigerator switch so when you open the door the lights come on. Has anybody done a mod similiar to this?
I figure I can tap power from in back of the microwave but it looks like I'll have to pull the frig to run the AC line to the cupboard I'm not keen on doing that...
Recommendations accepted!

I went the other direction, couldn't stand having to shuffle and move stuff around to get at the items in the back so made our shelves slide out...

Don't need a light now. :):)

Thats a good idea, it won't be easy to illuminate it without pulling the frig... do you have any pictures you can post of your mod? Thanks

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
SabreCanuck wrote:
baunno wrote:
Lighting in the Pantry
This may have already been discussed in this forum and if it has my apologies so please guide me to the discussion.

As Premier owners we all know the pantry is dark. I often use a flashlight to find things and want to light it with LED rope lighting. I'd like to use a plunge switch to turn it on and off, like a refrigerator switch so when you open the door the lights come on. Has anybody done a mod similiar to this?
I figure I can tap power from in back of the microwave but it looks like I'll have to pull the frig to run the AC line to the cupboard I'm not keen on doing that...

I went the other direction, couldn't stand having to shuffle and move stuff around to get at the items in the back so made our shelves slide out...

Thats a good idea, it won't be easy to illuminate it without pulling the frig... do you have any pictures you can post of your mod? Thanks
"Onward thru the fog!"

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
Lighting in the Pantry

2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with the Starcraft, have never seen one that would be better than the Premier but maybe there is. Is it new or used as it looks like they stopped making them in 2012. They are not listed on their website any longer. Was going to take a look at them but they are not there.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

pgboone7607
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and i were supposed to pick up the exact same camper but 2 day before we were due to take delivery we found a Starcraft lexion at the rv show that we liked a lot better. We were able to get it for the same price as the primere and it had a whole lot more on it compared to the Premier. Not saying the primier is a bad choice only that if you look u can get a lot more for your money and have the same floorplan.
2012 Ram 2500 W/ 6.7 Cummins Short Bed
2013 Sierra 355RE
Reese 20K Slider
Me, 1 wife, 2 kids, 2 Labs ( they dont travel) and 1 shihtzu that does.

MikeD0904
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! We picked up our 2013 31BHPR today! So excited to get her out and camp! The DW didn't even set foot in it until today when we picked it up from dealer and she fell in love with it! Was tough to take her right to storage and park it! Really pleased with it!!

w7gmc
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
w7gmc wrote:
The wife found us a 2010 Bullet 278RLS with a small slide. We got a screaming deal in 2010 on the RV. We spent 4.5 months straight living in the RV. We love the rear picture window and rocker swivel chairs. Rig has not given us much trouble, except the black water will build up underneath the toilet if you don't use enough water. In colder weather... the windows sweat and I use a rag to sope up the water in the sill. I'm talking 35F and cooler. Rig is pretty air tight. Really do enjoy the rig.

Our windows sweat too, but I learned to crack the ceiling vent at night and the sweating problem goes away.

Thanks for reminding me. We learned that trick from another RV'er to crack the roof vent to help with the moisture issue. Great tip for those whom RV in colder climates.
Ken, W7GMC
Doing my two favorite hobbies, ATV riding, camping and amateur radio.
1995 Ford F-250 XLT
Keystone Bullet 278RLS
(1) EU2000i generators

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
Lighting in the Pantry

I think there is an outlet behind the fridge. If you take the vent cover off from the outside you could probably tap into it there and only have to run the wire through the wall of the fridge cavity and into the back of the pantry. It is the outlet that the fridge itself is plugged into. I am at work so I cannot check on my trailer to be sure!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
w7gmc wrote:
The wife found us a 2010 Bullet 278RLS with a small slide. We got a screaming deal in 2010 on the RV. We spent 4.5 months straight living in the RV. We love the rear picture window and rocker swivel chairs. Rig has not given us much trouble, except the black water will build up underneath the toilet if you don't use enough water. In colder weather... the windows sweat and I use a rag to sope up the water in the sill. I'm talking 35F and cooler. Rig is pretty air tight. Really do enjoy the rig.

Our windows sweat too, but I learned to crack the ceiling vent at night and the sweating problem goes away.
"Onward thru the fog!"

w7gmc
Explorer
Explorer
Ken, W7GMC
Doing my two favorite hobbies, ATV riding, camping and amateur radio.
1995 Ford F-250 XLT
Keystone Bullet 278RLS
(1) EU2000i generators