cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
mom2countrykids wrote:
Our gas/electric refrigerater has decided not to work except when it wants. It is parked and plugged in. We discovered it wasnโ€™t working about 2 weeks ago. Then next time we checked it was cold again. Now it has become a daily check. One day it is cold, the next warm. The only thing happening is someone going in and opening the door and feeling. Anyone have any ideas?

Yellow powder in the exterior vent now could actually be pollen in Texas this time of year. We have had a few warm days and cool nights lately. Is the A/C keeping the TT constant temp inside? Curiously following this post because I thought mine possibly doing the same thing. I have a temp gage inside fridge and know what setting the fridge will cool down to.

w7gmc
Explorer
Explorer
kirklandsc wrote:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I know the weight is going to be pretty heavy, but I hope it will be ok for the short distance I will be towing. My longest trip right now will be when I pick the trailer up this week. The dealer is going to install the WD hitch and brake controller and then they will tow it around and get everything set up properly. They are a very reputable local dealer. That is another reason I went with them and the Premier.

As I said earlier I will be using it for a lakehouse for this year. It is 9 or 10 miles one way at 45mph or less. I will have water and sewer hookup on site so there will not be anything in the tanks. I also will not have much gear on the trailer as most of it will be stored in the garage at the lake. I will be going up and setting up everything before my wife and kids come up. So she will have clothes, food, etc in her vehicle. So the trailer should not be much over the dry weight.

I do plan on upgrading trucks this fall. I am looking at either F-250 or Sierra 2500 CC 4x4's probably with gas engine. Looks like they are both rated at 12 to 13k towing. Once I do that then I will start venturing out to the campgrounds.

Also any tips or suggestions related to the camper? Like things I should buy or do to the camper when I get it. I read something about vent guards for the roof vents. I am clearing out a decent space but there are a lot of hardwoods all around. I plan on putting a carport to park the camper under some time this year.

Again thanks for all your help.

You should be fine. I over did it for a few years with a 1996 1/2 Ton Ext Cab Z71. Had a 750lb ATV in the bed and a 6,600 trailer. The tongue weight was 1,040lbs! Did a bunch of towing in the mountains of Montana. Hard on the equipment, but it did it! If you can, get the Prodigy brake controller! Best controller I've used.
Ken, W7GMC
Doing my two favorite hobbies, ATV riding, camping and amateur radio.
1995 Ford F-250 XLT
Keystone Bullet 278RLS
(1) EU2000i generators

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
mom2countrykids wrote:
Our gas/electric refrigerater has decided not to work except when it wants. It is parked and plugged in. We discovered it wasnโ€™t working about 2 weeks ago. Then next time we checked it was cold again. Now it has become a daily check. One day it is cold, the next warm. The only thing happening is someone going in and opening the door and feeling. Anyone have any ideas?

My refrigerator did the same and then the cooling core failed. It was replaced free under warranty. I think the refrigerators have a 2 year warranty. Open the fridge vent from the outside and if you see a yellow pollen like substance that is a good indicator it is almost done.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

mom2countrykids
Explorer
Explorer

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the replies. I know the weight is going to be pretty heavy, but I hope it will be ok for the short distance I will be towing. My longest trip right now will be when I pick the trailer up this week. The dealer is going to install the WD hitch and brake controller and then they will tow it around and get everything set up properly. They are a very reputable local dealer. That is another reason I went with them and the Premier.

As I said earlier I will be using it for a lakehouse for this year. It is 9 or 10 miles one way at 45mph or less. I will have water and sewer hookup on site so there will not be anything in the tanks. I also will not have much gear on the trailer as most of it will be stored in the garage at the lake. I will be going up and setting up everything before my wife and kids come up. So she will have clothes, food, etc in her vehicle. So the trailer should not be much over the dry weight.

I do plan on upgrading trucks this fall. I am looking at either F-250 or Sierra 2500 CC 4x4's probably with gas engine. Looks like they are both rated at 12 to 13k towing. Once I do that then I will start venturing out to the campgrounds.

Also any tips or suggestions related to the camper? Like things I should buy or do to the camper when I get it. I read something about vent guards for the roof vents. I am clearing out a decent space but there are a lot of hardwoods all around. I plan on putting a carport to park the camper under some time this year.

Again thanks for all your help.
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)

w7gmc
Explorer
Explorer
talonguy wrote:
kirklandsc wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and buying my first travel trailer. I have tent camped for years and my grandparents had TT's and I have been recently with friends who have a pop-up.
My wife and I have been searching for about a year now and we finally decided to go with a 2013 Keystone Premier 31BHPR. We looked at so many and it came down to a 2012 Palomino T-291, 2013 Solaire 317 BHSK, 2013 Keystone Outback (with queen bed slider in back) and the 31BHPR.
My tow rig is a 2011 CC Nissan Titan SV 4x4. I have Bilstein Shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler e rated tires, Magnaflow muffler, and Volant cold air intake. I am getting a programmer this week. I normally tow a 25' deck boat about every weekend from spring to fall. My boat is right around 6500lbs loaded with water, fuel and gear, and the truck tows it great.
I think I should be fine towing this camper, as it will be mainly used spring through fall at our lake property. I will only be towing around 20 miles round trip on fairly flat roads. But I plan to venture out to some campgrounds later this year.
Any advice and tips for a newbie would be appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

You'll get a lot of feedback on what type of truck it takes to pull this trailer. I think most replies will be on the conservative side, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have the exact same trailer you speak of in your post. It's about 6300 lbs unloaded. I tow it with a 2005 F-150 (2x4, SuperCrew, 5.4L, 3.73 rear end, Equal-i-zer WD hitch (1000 lb distribution bars) throughout Florida. There are times I wish I had more power, however it is a stable tow at 60-65 MPH yielding about 8-9 MPG. My main concern is payload. With my trucks' payload of 1600 lbs and a hitch weight of about 900 lbs (including the actual weight of the hitch), I have very little margin for extras in the truck after loading the the four of us (550 lbs). You'll have to make sure your WD hitch is set up properly.

If you have experience towing a 6500 lb boat with no problems, and plan on towing it the distance and terrain you speak of, you won't have any major problems. There will be times you wish you had more power, but with an easy-does-it attitude, you'll have no problem.

If you use the programmer, I would not exceed Stage 1. When the Equ-iz-er Hitch is setup, you should set it up as if your loaded, this will maximize your weight distribution. Your truck has a 9,400 or 9,500 tow capacity

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-Titan-2011-SV__4x4_Crew_Cab_LWB/overview/

Based on the wet (Loaded) weight with water on board and configured for a family trip, I would weight the trailer by itself and see what you have. http://equalizerhitch.com/ has the setup procedures and for a video for setup:

http://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-sway-control-hitch-eq90-00-1200.aspx

Good Luck and Happy RVing
Ken, W7GMC
Doing my two favorite hobbies, ATV riding, camping and amateur radio.
1995 Ford F-250 XLT
Keystone Bullet 278RLS
(1) EU2000i generators

talonguy
Explorer
Explorer
kirklandsc wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and buying my first travel trailer. I have tent camped for years and my grandparents had TT's and I have been recently with friends who have a pop-up.
My wife and I have been searching for about a year now and we finally decided to go with a 2013 Keystone Premier 31BHPR. We looked at so many and it came down to a 2012 Palomino T-291, 2013 Solaire 317 BHSK, 2013 Keystone Outback (with queen bed slider in back) and the 31BHPR.
My tow rig is a 2011 CC Nissan Titan SV 4x4. I have Bilstein Shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler e rated tires, Magnaflow muffler, and Volant cold air intake. I am getting a programmer this week. I normally tow a 25' deck boat about every weekend from spring to fall. My boat is right around 6500lbs loaded with water, fuel and gear, and the truck tows it great.
I think I should be fine towing this camper, as it will be mainly used spring through fall at our lake property. I will only be towing around 20 miles round trip on fairly flat roads. But I plan to venture out to some campgrounds later this year.
Any advice and tips for a newbie would be appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

You'll get a lot of feedback on what type of truck it takes to pull this trailer. I think most replies will be on the conservative side, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have the exact same trailer you speak of in your post. It's about 6300 lbs unloaded. I tow it with a 2005 F-150 (2x4, SuperCrew, 5.4L, 3.73 rear end, Equal-i-zer WD hitch (1000 lb distribution bars) throughout Florida. There are times I wish I had more power, however it is a stable tow at 60-65 MPH yielding about 8-9 MPG. My main concern is payload. With my trucks' payload of 1600 lbs and a hitch weight of about 900 lbs (including the actual weight of the hitch), I have very little margin for extras in the truck after loading the the four of us (550 lbs). You'll have to make sure your WD hitch is set up properly.

If you have experience towing a 6500 lb boat with no problems, and plan on towing it the distance and terrain you speak of, you won't have any major problems. There will be times you wish you had more power, but with an easy-does-it attitude, you'll have no problem.

talonguy
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
kirklandsc wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hello. I also tow a Premier with a Titan. Up until February I used an 06 Titan Crew Cab 4x4. In mid February I bought a new 2012 Titan SL Crew Cab. I have not towed with the new one yet.

My Premier is about 500 lbs lighter (5900 dry/ 6700 lbs loaded), 1.5 feet shorter, and about 120 lbs lighter on the tounge. There is only 2 of us so we are under payload for the truck after adding in tounge weight, bicycles, etc. The truck pulls it nicely. I have pulled mainly on flat roads in eastern MA but have towed it through the hilly Green Mountains in Vermont and the Catskills in NY. I do not think I would want to tow a bigger camper since it is a comfortable tow now but I am not sure HOW much bigger the 31BHPR relatively and in real world towing experience.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
eartha wrote:
It sounds like you may be at your TVs limit. I would check the TV load data sheet and weight the combination at a truck scale. It isn't just enough engine but everything together.Happy trails
๐Ÿ™‚

Yep...that is a lot of TT for the Titan. All the add ons in the world will not compensate for too much weight on the rear axle. I would check your RAWR as before I choose the TT.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

eartha
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you may be at your TVs limit. I would check the TV load data sheet and weight the combination at a truck scale. It isn't just enough engine but everything together.Happy trails
๐Ÿ™‚
Thor 2017. Class C

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)

Adak850
Explorer
Explorer
I saw your comment about wiring for the "B" speakers in your 28rlpr. Were you running the wiring above the ceiling? Any advice you can provide on routing the wiring would be appreciated. Thanks.

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
mom2countrykids wrote:
We also did sliding drawers. I think there are some pictures already posted back about a year on this thread. Not sure if you can search my name and come up with them. I will try and retake some. They work great.

Now that I think about it, I believe I saw those awhile back. I'll have to revisit it and dig back. Do you miss the use of the full space within the cabnet due to the face trim around the door opening? I know these Premiers have maximum storage so perhaps its not an issue.

Hey Baunno,

Sorry we got a little more snow so I've been snowmobiling instead of focusing on the camper.... Pics of my mod, if you go back/forth from there I believe others had posted their sliding shelves as well. Yes, I know this thread is getting a little long. LOL

We personally figure we GAINED usable space because prior to the sliding shelves we really didn't use the back of the pantry. It was too much of a pain to see and reach the stuff way back there. Now we use the entire space of each shelf so what you lose in hardware you gain in handy.

Pantry Slideout

FYI - I used the stock pantry shelves as drawer fronts for pot drawer under the bench seat and dresser drawers under the bed. DW LOVES the dresser drawers :):)

Pot and Dresser Drawers
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
Ricos Ride wrote:
Did a simple mod today in my 29RTPR. Removed the 26" TV and mount and moved it to the bedroom

This is what it looks like sitiing in the recliner

Very nice. We don't watch much TV, but when we do, I do have trouble seeing the smaller TV. Thinking about doing the same...