cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
I asked this question last year but hadnt heard of any solutions so I thought I'd try again. We have a 2013 bhrp and our bathroom is always cold. There is no heat vent in the bathroom and the door goes all of the way to the top of the frame. Anyone else with this issue? Im wondering if i should put a vent in the door, or just cut it down a couple of inches from the top to allow for circulation. (There is about a 2 inch gap at the bottom). Thanks for any info. Btw, an electric heater wont work.

On my 2010, there is a 4" or so gap at the top and bottom. I don't think there is much different than the rest of the TT. I leave the door open until someone uses it most of the time though.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
There is a good 6"-8" gap between the top of my door and the ceiling (I have a 2011). I haven't noticed it unusually colder than the rest of the TT because of it. You could always just leave the door open when not in use.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
I asked this question last year but hadnt heard of any solutions so I thought I'd try again. We have a 2013 bhrp and our bathroom is always cold. There is no heat vent in the bathroom and the door goes all of the way to the top of the frame. Anyone else with this issue? Im wondering if i should put a vent in the door, or just cut it down a couple of inches from the top to allow for circulation. (There is about a 2 inch gap at the bottom). Thanks for any info. Btw, an electric heater wont work.

nutsnbolts24
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a similar problem at our family rec property that is solar powered (12vdc) Had a 3000 watt ATD that would easily run our 500watt microwave visually, but took 6min to heat up a cup. We are ordering a Thor THPS-3000-12 3000 watt continious 6000W Surge Pure Sine Wave Inverter. Cost $931.99 with shipping but has a two year warranty and is manufactured by the same company that makes the Go Power brand, looks identical except in color.

Have to let you know how it works when we get it and have a chance to hook it up and try it out. We do have two commecial heavy tractor batteries coupled with 4 heavy commercial deep cycle batteries, deep cycle, not to be confused with Marine deep cycle(light duty style batteries):C

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 31bhpr and would like to install an inverter. In my last TT I installed a 3000w inverter/charger but was not happy with it. It was a modified sine wave inverter and did not run the microwave correctly (I know it drains the batteries fast, but 45 seconds to warm up coffee was it's main use). It also had a 35 amp charger for the batteries, so when I was using my Honda 2000 generator, it didn't have enough power to both charge the batteries and run the microwave. It was nice though to have every plug working on the inverter.

So..... I am considering installing a pure sine wave inverter/charger but don't like the idea of running 00 gauge wires again from the battery bank back to the shore power cord area (that's a long run for the DC cables). Do I install it in the front storage compartment, then run the shore plug wires up front to the inverter/charger, then back to the AC panel? If so, what's the easiest access to the storage area? (we still have some snow on the ground up here and I don't have access to the TT right now)

Or do I just run 6/8 gauge wires to both TV areas fused, directly from the batteries and have smaller inverters there? I could not get 4 different 300w cigarette plug style inverters to power the front TV, they would just fail each time I turned the TV on. I'm guessing the wiring to the plug wasn't sufficient enough. Just trying to figure out how to run the two TV's and have some power without the generator running. Thanks for any ideas.

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
Leave it plugged in while at home, it will make you feel really good that you don't have to load/unload the fridge/freezer every weekend too.

PLUS - it gives DH a place to go run and hide and have a cold beer during the week:)
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

Denlor
Explorer
Explorer
Do not know about your particular model be we have had a Keystone/Springdale for 7 years and no major problems.

cacoon
Explorer
Explorer
When you are using the trailer as long as you charge your batteries if not hooked to shore power you will be fine. When I park my trailer for storage between trips I manually unhook batteries. It takes a couple of minutes.
Cacoon

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
SueMcD-
Congrats and good luck with your new Premier. Enjoy it and have fun!! I cant help you with a cut off switch because we keep ours plugged in at home.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

We bought a 19FBPR in early February, but my husband was about to have surgery, so we waited to pick it up this weekend. (And it was a gorgeous weekend!) We camped in it two nights close to the dealer in case there were any problems that we would need to take care of. I needn't have worried, the unit was perfect, but it was still a good idea to practice all the things we'd learned during our walk-through on our own while it was all fresh in our mind.

So in short, we love it! We wanted to buy a trailer that wasn't too heavy, wasn't too long, yet comfortable for two of us and an occasional guest. One of my neighbors came over today, dying to see it, and gushed over how nice it was. I was happy to show it off.

I had a question for you fellow Premier owners (feels nice to finally say that). The dealer warned us that the propane detector could run down the battery if it's not disconnected, but also said there was no battery disconnect switch on the unit. Is this true, then how long before we have to disconnect the wire from the battery or plug it in at home? Seems like a bit of a pain. So then, can you recommend a convenient battery disconnect switch we can purchase?
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

carjocky
Explorer
Explorer
Got my recall done. My dealer said that keystone sent 12 roof rivets to go inbetween the front cap screws. So they put them in and resealed it. Only took the afternoon. Hopefully I dont have any issues...

Ricos Ride wrote:
gregrc75 wrote:
baunno wrote:
carjocky wrote:
Anyone else get a recall notice on the front cap? I have a 2012 Bullet Premier 29RLPR and the notice came from keystone last week that some 2011 and 2012 premiers may not have enough fasteners on the cap and it could cause a water leak... I sure hope not. The last thing I want is anyone messing with the roof seam and seals... But what choice do I have.

Hi carjocky, we have the same make and model as you do and have not received a recall notice as of yet. What date did that notice arrive?

No notice here either. I have a 2011.

I just got my notice for roof repair, 2012 29RTPR
Jon
Ohio
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Morrow_d wrote:
Hi,
I just bought a 2012 "used" 31BHPR. Going to get it May 17!

It will be stationary most of the time, but I plan to rent a 2500 RAM once a year to go out for a week.

Anyway...

I was wondering what people bought for the exterior carpet. I'm wondering if I should get one that goes from the outdoor kitchen all the way to the front door (25 feet long x 9 feet???), or get 2 individual ones...

Thanks!

When I had my TT set up on a site for 3 months, I had two 9x12 sections of the out door carpet from Lowes/Menards/Home Depot. They were just right to go from the outdoor kitchen to a little past the front door. When we weren't at the TT during the week, I just rolled them up to the TT and pushed them under it a little. For traveling I have the plastic 9x12 ones from WalMart, they are very light and don't hold water like the outdoor carpet does.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Morrow_d wrote:
Hi,

It will be stationary most of the time, but I plan to rent a 2500 RAM once a year to go out for a week.

Anyway...

I was wondering what people bought for the exterior carpet. I'm wondering if I should get one that goes from the outdoor kitchen all the way to the front door (25 feet long x 9 feet???), or get 2 individual ones...

Thanks!

Congrats and enjoy! I like the RV carpets that are made from the plastic material because they are light, sweep off easily and don't hold water. I use two to go from door to door. I go on several trips a season so having two smaller lighter ones is better for me.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
Carolina_Camper wrote:
Good luck. I think you'll really enjoy the rig.

Prior to getting an annual site where I built a deck, I simply used that green carpet from Lowes/Walmart. Mine went from door to door.

Thanks!

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck. I think you'll really enjoy the rig.

Prior to getting an annual site where I built a deck, I simply used that green carpet from Lowes/Walmart. Mine went from door to door.

Morrow_d wrote:
Hi,

Anyway...

Thanks!