cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone shed some light (pun intended) on the frameless windows in the 31BHPR? I'm wondering which ones open and how?... are they crank outs that open up at the bottom, slides, or what. Any pictures of the windows specifically would be much appreciated, but just a written explanation would be great as well.

Thanks in advance, Dean

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
So my family and I were out in the middle of Alaska, no cell reception kind of place, and when bringing in the main slide out of our 31BHPR we heard a loud thump and the slide out stopped in its tracks. I went outside and saw one of the lower cables had a bunch of slack on it. I went back inside and looked above the slide and saw that the In and Out cable connections had locked up on each other and snapped one bolt on the In connector and bent another one. Luckily I was able to reach up there with vice grips, pliers, socket, etc. and was able to get it back enough to get the slide back into place. I did notice that on the other set of In and Out cables, that things were getting loose and I will have to tighten up the nuts.

Hope this hasn't happened to anyone else. You may want to take a look at those cables when your slide out's are in the 'in' position and make sure they haven't twisted themselves together. The design has these In and Out cable connectors bypassing each other when the slides go in and out and it looks like they have the ability to hook up on each other.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
SueMcD wrote:
GaryWT wrote:
First can you put all the higher cushions on one side rather the middle. I have heard of the tables cracking as well. Not sure the brand but some tables are wider than they use to be so extra support might be a good idea.

Perhaps if only one person is using the are as a bed, I could try moving the back seat cushion to the middle and then the puffy back ones could be placed on the opposite sides and not as noticeable? I'll give that a try.

To protect the table, I'd originally thought about buying a sheet of plywood to put in the place of the table, but that would have to be pretty thick and therefore heavy, maybe not such a great idea. I wonder if I could find something the same diameter as the table pillars - shorter of course - and put them under the table just to give it more support.

Sue

I'd just get a couple pieces of PVC pipe about the same diameter as the leg holes and cut them to length. That would be a cheap, lite, easy to store solution to put under the table when in the bed position.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I would say if you put a support under it you should be good.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
GaryWT wrote:
First can you put all the higher cushions on one side rather the middle. I have heard of the tables cracking as well. Not sure the brand but some tables are wider than they use to be so extra support might be a good idea.

Perhaps if only one person is using the are as a bed, I could try moving the back seat cushion to the middle and then the puffy back ones could be placed on the opposite sides and not as noticeable? I'll give that a try.

To protect the table, I'd originally thought about buying a sheet of plywood to put in the place of the table, but that would have to be pretty thick and therefore heavy, maybe not such a great idea. I wonder if I could find something the same diameter as the table pillars - shorter of course - and put them under the table just to give it more support.

Sue
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 19FBPR and will be using the u-dinette as a bed for the first time next month. I tried putting the table down and fitting in the side cushions but the new design of the cushions with the extra padding (which I do like) means that they end up sitting higher than the seat cushions and it feels rather weird to have that part of the "bed" higher than the rest. I'm considering going out and looking for a piece of foam to fit in that area (on top of the table) instead, except that I have doubts that I can find one with the same density/firmness as the seat cushions. Another thought is to get a piece of cheap foam to fit over the entire dinette area with the hopes that it will make the fatter area feel less so.

I'm also concerned over some reports (when googling) of the table cracking. Is this an unusual occurrence? I've been trying to decide if I should come up with some extra support under the table, replace it with a piece of plywood or not worry about it.

Any thoughts on the above?
Sue
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
The GFI should not trip due to loading but for faults only, water being the big reason. If water is getting splashed on it or any outlet on the circuit because of the location of a towel or the like this will happen. Also, they go bad from time to time and just trip so it would need to be replaced. I have not had any issues wil my GFI's in my 31 BHPR.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Adak850 wrote:
Do you have a link for the light vendor?

light strip

This is the one that I ordered.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

Adak850
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a link for the light vendor?

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
pyro383 wrote:
Looking to see if anyone has installed a waterproof led light strip on their awning roller.

I ordered and received one a couple weeks ago, but haven't installed it yet. I think I will stick mine just below the tube on the TT so I can still use it when the awning is rolled up.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
pyro383 wrote:
Looking to see if anyone has installed a waterproof led light strip on their awning roller.

Not yet, however, yesterday I installed an LED sconce in the slide out. My trailer did not have one like so many others.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
2005 F-150 King Ranch
2010 Keystone Outback 312BH

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
The only time our GFI has tripped was when the wife had a night light in the bathroom; it would trip at strange times. We replaced that and haven't had an issue as of late.

Good luck.

Morrow_d wrote:
Hey,

Been camping for 2 week-ends with my 31BHPR (2012 used) and so far I love it.

I have 1 little question tough.

I'm having a minor issue with the outlets. I'm assuming that the rear fridge is on the same circuit as the one over the sink, as they seems to be both connected to the GFCI in the bathroom.

It happened a few times now that the only thing plugged in is the refrigerator from the kitchenette in the back, and that the GFCI just trips. Came back for the week-end and noticed that the little fridge was not very cold, so I resetted the GFCI. I was good for the whole week-end though after that.

It happened a couple of time too in my first week-end in the trailer, and it doesn't seems to be related to if there's anything else plugged (I have a power bar plugged, so the powerbar also has a GFCI on it)

It doesn't seems to trip when the toaster is on or when we're boiling water in our kettle. (It's hard to tell though if the fridge is working at the same time or not.)

So anyway, I was just looking for clues as to what could be the cause. I usually just keep water/cola/drinks in the that fridge so it's not the end of the world, it's just a little annoying.

Thanks!
Fred

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
Hey,

Been camping for 2 week-ends with my 31BHPR (2012 used) and so far I love it.

I have 1 little question tough.

I'm having a minor issue with the outlets. I'm assuming that the rear fridge is on the same circuit as the one over the sink, as they seems to be both connected to the GFCI in the bathroom.

It happened a few times now that the only thing plugged in is the refrigerator from the kitchenette in the back, and that the GFCI just trips. Came back for the week-end and noticed that the little fridge was not very cold, so I resetted the GFCI. I was good for the whole week-end though after that.

It happened a couple of time too in my first week-end in the trailer, and it doesn't seems to be related to if there's anything else plugged (I have a power bar plugged, so the powerbar also has a GFCI on it)

It doesn't seems to trip when the toaster is on or when we're boiling water in our kettle. (It's hard to tell though if the fridge is working at the same time or not.)

So anyway, I was just looking for clues as to what could be the cause. I usually just keep water/cola/drinks in the that fridge so it's not the end of the world, it's just a little annoying.

Thanks!
Fred