cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kinked outside shower hose

mcoley
Explorer
Explorer
The outside shower box, which I would think is kind of standard, on my StarCraft Antiqua has the faucet output hose fitting so close to the top of the box that the hose is bent and kinked so badly that it restricts the water flow. I'm going to buy a new hose but I'm not sure that it won't just kink again. Any recommended solutions?
7 REPLIES 7

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried running nothing but hot water through the hose to see if that would take the kink out enough to not being an issue? Might work, at least it would be worth a try.

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than go to the trouble of changing out the whole shower I'd just take the hose of when it's not being used.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

mcoley
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a stainless steel shower hose with one end having just a plain nut rather than those long ferrules. That solved my prob.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Would a 1/2-in Stainless Steel Faucet Supply Line between the hose and the output help? You can get them in different lengths. It might be less likely to kink.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Rocky_3
Explorer
Explorer
This is the setup that I have for my outside shower, the quick connect hose comes straight out between the faucets. Not straight up and no elbows

http://www.dyersonline.com/dandw-exterior-spray-port-replacement-faucet.html

mcoley
Explorer
Explorer
Whether to fix it is not an option. That's how my wife "hoses down" our grandsons. Thinking I might go to HD or Lowes to try to find a 90 degree fitting.

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue on my previous camper. Was never able to find a solution. My newer camper has a ninety degree connection on my outside shower hose faucet so no kinks. This must have been a problem on previous campers which seems to have been corrected. I see on Amazon both styles of faucet with the one with a ninety degree connection going for $47.00. This may be your only option for a quick and nice installation. All depends on how bad you want to use the outside shower. Good Luck.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller