cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1172 owners: pics of hide-a-bed?

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
If there are any Lance 1172 owners on here, would you mind posting a picture of the rear couch folded down into a bed? TIA
13 REPLIES 13

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
We sure like the whole camper...we ordered ours with two solar panels and deleted the oven for the combo microwave/convection in order to pickup more cabinet room.
2011 Ram 3500 / 2013 Lance 1172
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
That is a GREAT feature!

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
That's correct...it normally looks like the couch in the first picture you posted...it does still have the reclining capability and the couch transforms into the bed like a regular jack-knife type couch.
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Great pic of your kids. And of the couch, too. Thanks very much for posting.

To clarify, your couch has the leg recliner function and it also swivels into the bed as shown in your pictures?

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
Idaho_camper....here are a couple pics of the couch on the 2016 Lance 1172 down...one with kids and one without. My daughter is 8 and is about 4'8" and as you can see she has plenty of room even being curled up with her 6 year old brother.

Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
I went to the Tampa rv show yesterday and sat on that couch I found it uncomfortable
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
Idaho_camper....I should be able to do that in the next day or two as we are getting the rig out to go up into the mountains this weekend! Will post pics as soon as we get back to a connection! We have the new 2016 1172 and love it...we upgraded from our 2013 this year and couldn't be more happy! The improvements in just three years made it worth it for us.
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Good info. Thank you, sir! Would appreciate the pics if you can locate any.

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
The original 1172's only had the recliner function, but the newer 2016's and perhaps the 2015s had a jack-knife couch as well. The couch is in fact short but does make a nice size bed for a child or for reading on. I'm 6'4" and if I lay at an angle I can stretch out on it and read or watch movies...haven't slept the whole night on it but my 8 year old certainly has on occassion. If I can find a picture of the couch down flat I'll upload for you to see.
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
The couch can't be but 4 or MAYBE 5 feet wide. I suppose something like that would fit a 5 year old or so. Otherwise, it would be kinda pointless.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I 'think' it's an either-or thing. Jack knife bed/couch or the recliners.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Right. I've seen lots of images of the couch's leg extenders flipped up. But I've also seen a bunch of videos or other reviews wherein they say the couch makes into a bed. I simply cannot see how that's possible.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at a Lance 1172 in a show room one time and I didn't think the couch let out into a bed - only had the extended leg support thing on each side. When it was out It really blocked getting in and out of the side door.

2013 GOOGLE IMAGE

I went looking on google search after seeing your post and found a whole bunch of photos of the couch but none were let out into a bed...

GOOGLE IMAGE

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS