Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 881?

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Need assistance!
Does anyone have the interior printout of the structure that is located under the slide out? I'm in the process of mounting a modification , actually a step for my wife , to get in an out of the dinette ? I don't want to mount it to just the thin wall but mount it to the aluminum frame so it will be fixed! Any assistance would be helpful. I'm waiting for a reply from Lance an they've been very responsive in the past! Hoping to hear from them or someone on the forum.
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )
8 REPLIES 8

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
6pac just use the advanced posting option click on the image icon, paste the url from where ever you have the photo hosted and then type in 640 for the width and 480 for the height . its quite simple
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Problem resolved .... Built step , installed , and mounted it to the floor! Didn't need to mount to wall . Works well and looks great! I wish we knew how to size pictures so they would fit this an other forums.
Lance 2005 model 881 Max

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
6pac wrote:
Need assistance!
Does anyone have the interior printout of the structure that is located under the slide out? I'm in the process of mounting a modification , actually a step for my wife , to get in an out of the dinette ? I don't want to mount it to just the thin wall but mount it to the aluminum frame so it will be fixed! Any assistance would be helpful. I'm waiting for a reply from Lance an they've been very responsive in the past! Hoping to hear from them or someone on the forum.

Join Lance Owners.com and then seek structural drawings, they have them and will get them to you, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, I got roof, right wall, and rear drawings, and I wish I had them all
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
here is a link to my 881 upgrades
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
ok i will chime in on this one.. pull out the long drawer under the floor. There you can see what you are dealing with. as with mine there is not much there very thin sub floor and styrofoam along with some 1x material.
If it were me i would use brass el brackets and attach through the floor flush with the bottom of the slide out. and then also use 3/4 screws and gently screw to the side of the lower floor section..
I actually have a 3/4 inch plywood floor in mine now covered in vinyl tile. the floor was sagging and getting soft. keep in mind family of 4 here with average use of 40 weekends a year of camping lots of use.
enjoy the 881
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
6pac wrote:
Called Lance first spoke to Doug Means .... Was told to take the bottom off the camper! I'm 75 not doing that . Mike told me that the drawings are archived an were unavailable. He also told me that the frame is 1" so not to go too deep ! Strange because I've gotten almost all of the drawings I've asked about before . All were done on acad14 so I would assume the requested drawings would be on a disc or possible a hard copy . They have emailed drawings to me before .... So I'm a little puzzled by their response.

It is only time that I have know them to refuse to furnish a drawing over the last 11 years.

Do you think that it might be that they do not want to assist you to mount a weight bearing step to the 1" thin wall aluminum tubing... afraid that your wife might fall if the modification failed.... and Lance being sued.

From my point of view.... I doubt that they would approve welds or holes for screws or rivits in the 1" thin wall tubing... and since you explained the "why" to them they might not want to be seen in anyway as responsible if the area fails after your modification...

It is a shame that our society is so "sue happy" that people have to watch their every good deed, let alone the real problems.

I'll bet that you will accomplish your goal... even though you are 75 years old. I hope to be able when I get that old... I'll soon be 74 :W
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Called Lance first spoke to Doug Means .... Was told to take the bottom off the camper! I'm 75 not doing that . Mike told me that the drawings are archived an were unavailable. He also told me that the frame is 1" so not to go too deep ! Strange because I've gotten almost all of the drawings I've asked about before . All were done on acad14 so I would assume the requested drawings would be on a disc or possible a hard copy . They have emailed drawings to me before .... So I'm a little puzzled by their response.
Lance 2005 model 881 Max

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Phone Lance, they will email you an exact drawing for your specific camper. There are minor differences throout the model year as they make changes or when they seitch vendors if the demand calls for more of that model than they had original planned for and bid out.

Mike Williams is the Customer Service Manager

1 661 949 3322

have your model and serial numbers on hand when you call

leave a message if need be... with all of the info and your request

be sure and leave your email address and your phone number

Sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare