cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance Camper Bunk Headroom Change Question

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in purchasing a used Lance camper. We have owned three lance campers previously, all having a low ceiling over the queen bed.

I am 6 foot four and could never sit up without having to duck my head upon exiting the upper bunk.

We have looked at the new Lance campers which are not in our price range and would like to know when Lance camper started making the taller ceilings over the queen bed. Could anyone advise as to what year models when Lance made this change so we can begin our search.

Thanks
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler
5 REPLIES 5

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I just went out and measured my 2008 Lance 1055. At the head where the nose curve stops and the flat roof starts you have 39" between the cab over floor and ceiling and you have 42" at the foot end (capet end to ceiling). Mattress thickness will determine your actual headroom.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

insp1505
Explorer
Explorer
Look for basement models, not sure the year for Lance though. When a camper has a basement the roof becomes higher for "standard" height head room in the main living area that you stand up in (this also increases over all camper height).

The floor of the cab-over (under the bed) stays at the same height but the roof in the cab-over section is generally higher to match the higher roof line of the rest of the camper thus giving more headroom. Both my campers have had basements and both have had plenty of headroom. Another added benefit of a basement model is the floor is elevated in relation to the bed area so it's not as steep of climb getting in and out of bed.

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
I am 6 foot 5 and have plenty of room in the cabover of my lance 915 lite (not a max) 2005
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned a lance 815 ,which had very little head room (2000 ? ). Our second a Lance 845 (2001) a little more head room but not as tall as the one we have at present a Lance 881 MAX (2005) plenty of head room plus a whole room slide . So in answer to you inquire I'd look for a Lance 2005 or older.
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I believe in 05, Lance came out with the Lance Max with added headroom in the cab-over. You can check their website under the Support tab for an archive of campers covering the past 10 years.
RVn Full-time