cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance roof hatch parts

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
After posting under technical forum and not one reply in 3 days, I figured I'd ask again here in truck/camper forum;

I have a Dometic hatch over the bed in my camper, a Lance 855S and the strings have come loose and disconnected on the screen and shade slides. Found busted plastic tabs on the assembly and want to replace. The part # is BG1392. When I google the part #, the sources are either England or Australia. Does anyone know of a USA source for this interior assembly?
12 REPLIES 12

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
RV DR GEORGE in Sacramento is another good source for used parts.
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Try AAA RV Appliance Parts in Sacto.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
HMS Beagle wrote:
Is this perhaps a Heki Midi hatch? If so, Dometic can source the parts, you need to call them directly with PN in hand, they need to order them from Europe, you will pay a huge price and be charged again for shipping, and the whole process will only take 10 weeks. Customer "service".

However I may have one from the one I took off my Bigfoot, if you are interested.

I am interested. My son lives in Napa. I'll PM you for further info...

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
you might try calling Colaw

Cool!

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Is this perhaps a Heki Midi hatch? If so, Dometic can source the parts, you need to call them directly with PN in hand, they need to order them from Europe, you will pay a huge price and be charged again for shipping, and the whole process will only take 10 weeks. Customer "service".

However I may have one from the one I took off my Bigfoot, if you are interested.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
you might try calling Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not having issues with the window coverings. My issue is with the over-the-bed roof hatch. One side slides a room darkening shade, the other a screen that lets in light and fresh air. The string that guides the shade and screen came off their tabs and when I removed the assembly, I discovered plastic tabs that hold the string in place to have busted off.
Now I just need to find a source to buy the part I mentioned in my OP. I can only find the part in Europe or Australia. No where in the USA.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
In our Lance -- For the hatch, I build a Plexiglas interior cover with a round rod quick release. For the shades, which we disliked, we just pulled them all out and installed new round rods, and Genie made heavy dark curtains, with Velcro seals - works fine and she slides each one off once in a while and washes it ...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
I’m not familiar with your particular application, but our Fantastic Fan vent doesn’t have a shade, just a screen. For room darkening, Arctic Fox supplied a square faux leather cover that attaches with snaps at each corner. To help seal out the light better I added velcro between the snaps and foil insulation to keep the heat/cold out. Not as handy as a sliding blind, but it blocks out the light (better?) and is easy to remove when you want to use the vent. Best of all there are no moving parts and would be simple and retalitively cheap to replace.
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Time for me to find another mini blind that would do the same thing and fit the opening. Maybe a velcro solution to hold in a screen or an insulated panel depending on need.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
These things are notorious for little plastic tabs that hold the strings in place to break. I suppose I could improvise and repair using paper clip wire and super glue, but it's just so tedious that I'm just as likely to get pissed and smash the whole thing in frustration.
This Lance camper has really been a pain. It's hard to believe such chinchy, cheap, plastic parts sell for what Dometic is asking. Even harder that these roof skylight/hatches are on so many RV's and not one business in the whole USA carries or can sell them. Grrr....!!!!

Link provided is via Australia fer cryin' out loud! Ha!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Dometic gets much of their stuff from overseas.
Dometic
You may have to get it through one of their sources.
Have you looked at it to see if you or a blind retail location can fix it?
I saw your earlier post but did not find anything that would help.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker