cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leaking city water connection

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
when DE-winterizing the Lance yesterday I noticed that my city water connection is leaking. The pump was cycling on/off every 15 seconds so it's leaking pretty good.
I tried to see if I could pull it down enough to remove it from the outside but I can't. Do I have to pull the stove/oven out to get to it? That's the only way I see I can access it.
Or is there a way to rebuild it without removing it? For now I've just got a plug in it so it won't leak. We don't use the city water connection so I'll be okay until I can fix it.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL
8 REPLIES 8

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
ticki2 wrote:

If you don't use the city water connection just leave the plug in , problem solved . Not ever or seldom using it might also be the problem . Try running a good amount of water through it to flush it out . Open the WH drain and let it run through a while .

Good advice. Had exactly the same problem from not using it enough. I hook the hose to it every couple mos now. Outside shower hose attachment has habit of sticking shut too if not used.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Mote wrote:
For now I've just got a plug in it so it won't leak. We don't use the city water connection so I'll be okay until I can fix it.

If you don't use the city water connection just leave the plug in , problem solved . Not ever or seldom using it might also be the problem . Try running a good amount of water through it to flush it out . Open the WH drain and let it run through a while .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if mine is the same type,but sometimes a little bit of trash or sand would lodge in the valve seat and allow water to seep by.Just relieve the pressure and reach through the outside coupling with a Q-tip and clean the valve seat.
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Your water pump is on even though you have a city water connection? Are you talking about the RV water pump?

"We don't use the city water connection so I'll be okay until I can fix it."

I'm guessing the check ball is bad or stuck partially open allowing water to pass through when he pressurizes the system with the pump.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your water pump is on even though you have a city water connection? Are you talking about the RV water pump?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I asume (and you know what that means) that the leak is on the outside at the city connection, if so it may be the check valve.

I replaced mine from the outside, hopefully you have enough slack to get at the connections.

Good luck.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Easiest way is to replace the whole thing, but if you can't get to it, that makes it tough. I've heard of people having success reseating the o ring, but that's not easy either. I never had any luck with it. On any trailer I've had it's just 3 screws to remove. I would assume it's the same on yours, but I've never had a tc.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Possible that you forgot to push the little white button on it when winterizing it last year and some water was left in it. The o ring may be just out of place. Try hookin up to city water and pressuring it that way (no pump on).Unhook it and re hook it a few times. May re set it. If not ,there is a way of fiddling with it to put ring back in ,forget how, so you can google it. If all else fales ,the plug idea will work.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper