cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaks!!

Tyandkate
Explorer
Explorer
My adventure started when we headed to san antonio the jayco was in storage and while there a field rat found its way in.... and died.... upon searching for his entrance i discovered the previous owner must have had a blow out which busted the wheel well which is plastic when that happened it also busted the backer board around it. while i was uncovering this to repair i noticed daylight shining through around the outside electrical outlet.... and the wall so soft you can out your finger through it. I'm concerned the flooring is also rotten out. is there a way to just fix the leak or is it possible its at a point where some major rework needs to be done? I would post photos but cant figure out how.
32 REPLIES 32

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
That sucks... From the description sounds like major work.

Thank you for having the integrity to not pass it on to another unwitting soul.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Tyandkate
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I think I am too... I paid top dollar for the thing not knowing any better. I know now they saw me coming.. I just cant in good faith sell it to someone the way it was sold to me.. probably won't get 500 bucks for it.. The sad part is its probably leaked since the day it was new doesn't appear the factory ever even sealed that plug to the camper

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think...you are screwed. Time (spring) to peddle it off on another unsuspecting sucker.... just say'in...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB