cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at new, layout and other questions.

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at new TT's and just wondering. With the bedroom in the front and no window there do you miss not being able to see the TV when parked for security? With a rear living area and big back windows is that a good view or blocked most of the time. Don't the big back windows get very dirty on the road? Does the sealed underside cause issues for inspection and repair? I don't camp when it snows or where it's 100+ deg so do I need thermal pane windows? How are the "frameless" windows? The TT I am looking at is the Wind River 250RDSW. Does anyone have one and how well is it working with all the "power" and remote control stuff? Do you wish you would have gotten a different one? The specs say it's only 30.5 feet from bumper to ball but it sure looks like a monster next to my Sunnybrook 26CKS. Thanks for any advice about this.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog
5 REPLIES 5

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Well, went a bought a new 2014 Wind River 250RDSW today. Loaded with every option. It's not camping any more. These TT's are so awsome. Only 2 feet longer and 1 foot taller than my Sunnybrook 26CKS but feels like a big MH inside. Outdoor RV really has it together on these units.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Love my front window. lay in bed and look at the evening sky. Life really is good.

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth: My trailer has a huge window with a cover that allows forward vision (in case you want to check on the tow vehicle) but I have it open maybe once a year where there is some scenery out the front side i want to be able to enjoy. Otherwise the cover is never raised and my TV has it's own safety system. I camp in relatively safe campgrounds or in the back country where there are few others around and either of those make constant vigilance unnecessary.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 4x4 wrote:
Looking at new TT's and just wondering. With the bedroom in the front and no window there do you miss not being able to see the TV when parked for security? With a rear living area and big back windows is that a good view or blocked most of the time. Don't the big back windows get very dirty on the road? Does the sealed underside cause issues for inspection and repair? I don't camp when it snows or where it's 100+ deg so do I need thermal pane windows? How are the "frameless" windows? The TT I am looking at is the Wind River 250RDSW. Does anyone have one and how well is it working with all the "power" and remote control stuff? Do you wish you would have gotten a different one? The specs say it's only 30.5 feet from bumper to ball but it sure looks like a monster next to my Sunnybrook 26CKS. Thanks for any advice about this.

we love our "rear entertainment" RV. bedroom has opposing windows, great for ventilation. don't have a security issue.

The rear living with the big back and side windows often gives us a great outside view of the outdoors. Nice in the AM over a cup of coffee or in the evening watching the sunset.

And with all the room in the living area, eating, relaxing etc is great especially when you get one of the rainy days.

We've had as many as 14 people (6 adults, 8 kids) in our trailer for breakfast on occasion and had plenty of room for everyone to sit and eat. Course didn't have everyone in while cooking breakfast.

Ours is 35' bumper to ball, and other than some campgrounds/campsites we can't get into, we have no issues towing or using the trailer.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Don't miss not being able to see the tv - it has an alarm.

We go to state/fed/forest/coe parks and chose back in sites. Have had amazing views - sunrise at the beach is the best so far. The window doesn't get any dirtier than any others.

Neither tt we have had with covered/sealed bottoms have cause repair issues - we haven't had any.

We went from a 22FB (27') to a 27RLS (32'). It is longer but not any more difficult to tow.

We seriously considered models made by Outdoors RV but there are no dealers within 3000 miles or so. They are built extremely well and we still might make a trade when we get to the left coast...
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road