Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for rv part

mattf76
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I recently lost the front rock guard on my 04 Fleetwood wilderness travel trailer. Local dealers said no longer available and checked some salvage places to no avail. Would anyone out there know of a source that may have one new or used..? The part I need is the lower tan plastic rock guard on left of travel trailer looking from tongue of trailer.
Thanks,
Matt
10 REPLIES 10

bens170
Explorer
Explorer
matt76,
When the US economy went down the tubes, alot of the RV's manufacturers also felt the crunch. Fleetwood was one of them. Fleetwood went bankrupt, another company bought them out and moved the Fleetwood plant out of Riverside, CA to somewhere in Indiana. Fleetwood is only making motorhomes now. Parts for the Fleetwood Wilderness are hard to find. You might try some RV wrecking yards that might help.

mattf76
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I've recently found out. Unfortunate. I had a race car buddy look at it and he can bend some out of Race car body aluminum for me, that I can paint to match. SO probably the route I'll go. Thanks everyone!
Matt

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Fleet wood ceased travel trailer manufacturing a number of years ago and in my experience, is not supporting its consumers with parts.

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
mattf76 wrote:
Yes it did break. My guess lost someplace on the interstate.. 😞
Matt

That musta been a hellava sight for the guy behind ya!! 😛
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try calling the manufacturer?
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

mattf76
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it did break. My guess lost someplace on the interstate.. 😞
Matt

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Matt,
Do you know why it went missing, did it break?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

mattf76
Explorer
Explorer
yes that's the part im searching for. I cant get pic attached for some reason..
Matt

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen "diamond plate" advertised that is made out of plastic that has adhesive backing on it. I have no idea at all how durable it is, etc, but it might a affordable solution to your problem ?

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you talking about a panel that is on the lower part of the front of the trailer? A picture might help you get some answers. If it is just a panel on the lower section of the front of the trailer, it shouldn't be that difficult to install an aluminum diamond plate panel.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption