cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking good for Chrysler

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
Did not see a post on this yet. I like the fact that they are getting more profitable. Competition is good.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130730/AUTO0101/307300029/1148/auto01/Chrysler-earns-507M-net-p...
16 REPLIES 16

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
Just wait until you have to pay to replace the tires...from all of those burn-outs 😄

The MSRP my friend was showing me was at $89K :E

There is no way you can option one of these Shelby's for that much money. Either you are mistaken, or the dealership added an ADM to the MSRP. I think fully loaded with every option is a little over 70,000 bucks. There are only about six options available.....albeit very expensive options. I opted for all performance options and Nav. I would have liked to have gotten the Recaro race seats, but the price was already getting high enough. LOL

And yes, I have burned through much of the tires already.
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Just wait until you have to pay to replace the tires...from all of those burn-outs 😄

The MSRP my friend was showing me was at $89K :E
I love me some land yachting

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
^^ Nice ride!!!

I've got a friend looking at those right now. I was kind of shocked at the MSRP pricing on them now.

And most dealerships add an ADM which is bullcrap. I got mine out the door at MSRP. It's worth it if you are into cars such as these and the ZL1. Bang for you buck is great and you get darn near supercar performance at a much, much cheaper price tag. 662 horsepower and a 200 MPH top speed at 50-70,000 bucks is a deal.....oh, and a warranty!
B&W Companion 20K

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
^^ Nice ride!!!

I've got a friend looking at those right now. I was kind of shocked at the MSRP pricing on them now.
I love me some land yachting

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
itguy08 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
The last sentence in this report sure sounds very familiar! :E

I have a feeling you'll see no more Chrysler and Dodge in say 10 years. They are already starting the "death knell" for Dodge with most new products going to Chrysler. It will be Jeep, Ram, and Fiat. Jeep and Ram are pretty much the only things worthwhile at Chrysler and with the exception of Jeep, the rest is not that competitive.

I have been reading/watching a lot lately about the possible demise of the Dodge brand. The name could very easily go the way of Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and the dodo bird. The last couple years I have been sitting on my wallet just waiting for Dodge to build a really powerful car to compete with GM's ZL1 camero and Fords Shelby GT500. I am restoring an old Mopar at the moment and wanted one of their modern muscle cars well. But they didn't produce the product and with rumors of Dodge becoming extinct, I just cannot fathom a super high performance......Chrysler? LOL. Dodge is the more sporty, muscle image of the company. So I did what I had to do just last week and put my money where the product is.....

I really hope they keep the Dodge brand. I hated to see Pontiac go, and I would really hate to see another muscle name icon dropped.
B&W Companion 20K

Greentreena
Explorer
Explorer
not sure a fully owned Chrysler by Fiat is a good thing. Seems like the current arraingment is working quite well.
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Mega Cab 4x4 SRW Laramie - Big & Black
Full delete, Torque Technolgies programmer, Sinister EGR delete
Hijacker Auto Slide/ P3
2006 Triple E Topaz 310RBXL
Wife, 2 kids (Murphy the dog - RIP friend)

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Is that the same as a Fiat?

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

I have a feeling you'll see no more Chrysler and Dodge in say 10 years. They are already starting the "death knell" for Dodge with most new products going to Chrysler. It will be Jeep, Ram, and Fiat. Jeep and Ram are pretty much the only things worthwhile at Chrysler and with the exception of Jeep, the rest is not that competitive.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm glad they're doing well too but I fear that things will change quickly if fuel jumps drastically. They just haven't made the same FE advances that some other brands have.

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
I love Chrysler so I am happy to see this.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Always like to see the big three doing well!
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Walter would be happy. :C

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
:B