cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

loosing old members

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
loosing old members here ???? seem a lot are gone / going any particular reason personally I post way less because of less knowledge on newer campers AND because of sites horrible photo posting process ! whats your opinion /reasons for less participation ???
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011
223 REPLIES 223

SanCap
Explorer
Explorer
gatrdave wrote:
eubank wrote:
Different kinds of social media, I'd say. Forums are kind of old style. (Which is sad because I prefer forums to more modern versions of social media.)
๐Ÿ˜ž
Lynn

I agree-I prefer them, too. Especially since posting in here isn't going to become part of my permanent Facebook record that is analyzed for their marketing uses!

I looked but didn't see my old name on the list. I used to be jimandsue. This thread brings back a lot of memories. I had to change my user name for a couple of reasons. We stopped full timing in 2015 but now have a different style truck camper on a Tundra. I am still building it and will post some pics this week. It is nice seeing some of the old names again.

Jim
Formerly Jimandsue60 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2019 AT Summit Camper

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
bighatnohorse wrote:
Don't forget KPCC and Wolfman Jack

I remember Wolfman broadcasting from Mexico on XERB....50,000 watt, you could hear him forever in the deserts of So. Calif.

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
54suds wrote:
here's to : Sutack

โ€ฆ.here's to Sutack. I remember riding and trying out his electric bike at the NE TC Rally....waaaaaaay back.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
sorry to add this here. but i was reminded that i had forgot:M to report that an contribiting old member passed several years ago so here's to : Sutack
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
bighatnohorse wrote:

I remember Wolfman broadcasting from Mexico on XERB....50,000 watt, you could hear him forever in the deserts of So. Calif.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Whazoo wrote:
Actually KROQ was the precursor to KMET and the others, it was underground FM before FM really took off. And whoya, the fish report with a beat with the jocks you mentioned and the Burner Mary Turner.

Hey Whaz! I love these old founding radio stations in the days around the beginning of rock. We have one here too. In Montreal, CKGM/CHOM/CFOX. CKGM (precursor to CHOM FM) played host to some unknown folkie....by the name of Bob Dylan, in 1962. Dylan was paid $125 to play 3 + 1 nights at the Finjan club LOL. Also, CFOX Montreal set up their radio DJs Roger Scott and Charley Chandler in 1969, room 1742 at Montreal's Queen Elizabeth Hotel, and both DJs sung back-up with John & Yoko on their song (broadcast live, t'was a good broadcast), Give Peace a Chance...this version with CFOX DJs singing back-up was recorded on the Apple Records single of the same name LOL
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
so for you so cal guys this was my families restaurant on the beach at Santa Monica from 1950 to 1975 I grew up on KMET and KROQ

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
gatrdave wrote:
whazoo wrote:
Fred Rated was Shadoe Stevens, a disc jockey from KROQ, the rocks of Los Angeles same time as Frazier Smith, my fav jock of all time but only when on KROQ. Anybody remember his intro song?

I remember Frazier Smith, but just barely. I think he was about done there when I started listening. Is he the one that did the Tiny Tina character and the Twin Dragon Almond Cookies commecrials? But no, I can't remember the song right now. I might have it on one of my many tapes I made back then...

KLOS and the might "met" KMET were the staples...machine gun Kelly, Jackson B sniderfish, paraquat Kelly and the fish report...the "rock" was to "new wave" for me.

Actually KROQ was the precursor to KMET and the others, it was underground FM before FM really took off. And whoya, the fish report with a beat with the jocks you mentioned and the Burner Mary Turner. Frazier went to KLOS after the Rocks and got real stupid with his show. On KROQ his opening song was Panic In Detroit by David Bowie and heโ€™d scream all the way through. He came on at ten pm and Iโ€™d do my college math homework to his show. No wonder I had to take Boolean Algebra twice. Okeedok thatโ€™s all from me, nice sharing memories with you, have a good one.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
gatrdave wrote:
whazoo wrote:
Fred Rated was Shadoe Stevens, a disc jockey from KROQ, the rocks of Los Angeles same time as Frazier Smith, my fav jock of all time but only when on KROQ. Anybody remember his intro song?

I remember Frazier Smith, but just barely. I think he was about done there when I started listening. Is he the one that did the Tiny Tina character and the Twin Dragon Almond Cookies commecrials? But no, I can't remember the song right now. I might have it on one of my many tapes I made back then...

KLOS and the might "met" KMET were the staples...machine gun Kelly, Jackson B sniderfish, paraquat Kelly and the fish report...the "rock" was to "new wave" for me.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

gatrdave
Explorer
Explorer
Photomike wrote:
gatrdave wrote:
eubank wrote:
Different kinds of social media, I'd say. Forums are kind of old style. (Which is sad because I prefer forums to more modern versions of social media.)
๐Ÿ˜ž
Lynn

I agree-I prefer them, too. Especially since posting in here isn't going to become part of my permanent Facebook record that is analyzed for their marketing uses!

Or used against you on a future job or loan or mortgage or by a family member that is keeping track of you.

Absolutely! More reasons why I deleted it completely last year!

gatrdave
Explorer
Explorer
whazoo wrote:

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
gatrdave wrote:
eubank wrote:
๐Ÿ˜ž
Lynn

Or used against you on a future job or loan or mortgage or by a family member that is keeping track of you.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer

gatrdave
Explorer
Explorer
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Hey Chuck...I remember a Leo's Stereo in the San Fernando Valley just down the road a piece from Pacific Stereo(my old go to place for my stereo buying) that and Federated over on Highland in Hollywood right across from Famous Pink's Hot Dogs.

Oh, gheeze...I remember all those names. I especially remember Fred and Frieda Rated!